Girls just wanna have fun! Santiago expat women...

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Coming off of my "I'm Bored" thread, I have been speaking with a few other expat ladies here in Santiago and we've decided to get together some on a regular basis and just basically, have fun. So we are going to meet twice a month for lunch (budget-friendly) and one night a month to go out just us girls and have fun....
I am writing this thread to see if there are anymore Santiago women expats other than the ones I've already spoken too. I know that alot of people just lurk on this site....well, if you are out there, please PM me and I will give you the details of our first lunch. Hopefully, we'll fill our bellies, learn about each other, and become friends for a lifetime. This may help you if you are one of those going through homesickness:cry:
We're here!!!
SHALENA

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Invite the guys too so we can stir up the fun. i mean, talking about knitting sweaters in hot summer nights is not exactly considered a fun chat by many.
AZB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
"Desperate Housewives of Santiago"! You guys better watch out! There are 4 of us already revved up abut this idea...just waiting on some other ladies to take the plunge!
Look out Santiago!!!
SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
pero mi amor, since when a morena feels beeing an expat ? :)
When all of the other Morenas on my block don't want to go out because they are too busy with the water hose and the ace, cleaning the marquesina!

Invite the guys too so we can stir up the fun. i mean, talking about knitting sweaters in hot summer nights is not exactly considered a fun chat by many.
AZB
Maybe after a couple of months we'll let you guys in on the action. And I definitely don't knit!

I never met Shalena but having read a lot of her posts I think knitting sweaters will be one of the last things on her mind;)
Amen!
SHALENA

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
house-wives get together?? why does it sound so boring?
maybe I should crash the party with badpiece. Hahahaha
AZB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
house-wives get together?? why does it sound so boring?
maybe I should crash the party with badpiece. Hahahaha
AZB

Oh, God! YOU and BADPIECE!?! Well, if you crash make sure to bring some Frias...I'm starting this little group of ladies just so you guys can know that not all of us expat women are over-the-hill, fat, ugly, and desperate!;)
If I do say so myself.........:cheeky:
SHALENA
La Morena Fina ( y Rabiosa de vez en cuando!:cheeky:)

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
no boys allowed, because we?re really getting together to talk trash about all the DR1 men.
Remember that the next time you think about asking a question on DR1!
We will stand by and let the ladies answer you.

Don(na)

B

BettyDiamond

so...you think most expat ladies are what you just said....You should get on well with azb, you both seem rather tactless

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
make sure you invite, at least, one guy. In case you need to have a jar opened or a bottle uncorked.
Anyway, if I happen to drop-by by accident I will buy you ladies a few frias.
AZB

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
make sure you invite, at least, one guy. In case you need to have a jar opened or a bottle uncorked.
Anyway, if I happen to drop-by by accident I will buy you ladies a few frias.
AZB

But remember,
.... during the weekdays at lunch time, he is in Santo Domingo, not Santiago!
.... No free "frias" for lunch!

Oh, God! YOU and BADPIECE!?! Well, if you crash make sure to bring some Frias...I'm starting this little group of ladies just so you guys can know that not all of us expat women are over-the-hill, fat, ugly, and desperate!;)
If I do say so myself.........:cheeky:
SHALENA
La Morena Fina ( y Rabiosa de vez en cuando!:cheeky:)

so...you think most expat ladies are what you just said....You should get on well with azb, you both seem rather tactless

Good catch Betty, I was going to ask her which ones were and which were not.
But decided then to be diplomatic and keep quiet, and wait for someone else to say it first.

Men and over-the-hill, fat, ugly, and desperate women need not apply!
Can I come as the judge?

Don

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
SKing: You might want to look up some old posts by "nebraskamom"..she had a bunch of gals together, and I am pretty sure some of them are still around.
Another place you might find some friends is at the Dominico-Americano on Estrella Sadhala.

Good idea of yours, hope you have a good time "knitting" hehehe

HB

B

BettyDiamond

wouldnt you just love to spend the afternoon with a group of people that think you are old fat ,ugly and desperate....very tempting lol.At least people love me for my prawn dip,do they sell burkhas here by the way, Im thinking of trading in my hot pants and crop top

Reactions: mountainannie

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
wouldnt you just love to spend the afternoon with a group of people that think you are old fat ,ugly and desperate....very tempting lol.At least people love me for my prawn dip,do they sell burkhas here by the way, Im thinking of trading in my hot pants and crop top

I spend most of my life with people who think I'm old, fat and ugly, why do you think that is? LOL