Frequent flyer credit card opinions

njswift10141980

May 11, 2009
Hey everybody, just would like to know what everyone's opinion is about the frequent flyer cc's and if one is better the the other.

Thanks

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i use AA's card. good stuff. miles add up easy plus you get 25,000 for signing up for it.
you only need 30,000 for a budget trip.
another example, i have 15,000 miles. i will fly to the DR for 36.00 using 12,500 miles and then pay my way back to the US in november.

mi dos centavos

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Continental

Hey everybody, just would like to know what everyone's opinion is about the frequent flyer cc's and if one is better the the other.

Thanks

It depends who services your local market the best.

All of them will give you 25,000 to sign on... Continental gives you double mileage when you put your tix on the card PLUS you get business class travel for 1/2 price.... well. really its a 2 for 1 deal......./ 1/2 price if you buy 2 tix.

Local market is the key

Thats my 10 cents worth
I see and raise you !! WindMan

WW

Coco_Chanel

Feb 1, 2009
I have them all

I have been a "road warrier" with frequent business travel over the past 10 years. I have every airline's credit card except Southwest and Jet Blue.

Delta American Express
Nothwest -just switched to a MC called flexpoints
American Airlines - Citibank American Express and Citibank MC
Continental Onepass MC
United VISA - I think it;s Chase Bank
Airtran VISA
US Airways - I did have a VISA through Bank of America and a MC but the VISA was converted so now I have 2 MC that are the same.

US Airways is the best because I get to board first, get priority/premium seating, 2 free club passes and 2 free companion tickets annually. But it does depend on where your "hub" is -- where I live both United and US Airways have hubs airports.

PM me if you want the details on which is the best for you and why.

When I want more miles (like an extra 25,000 for signing up I cancel a card and reapply for it again in 6 months.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
When I want more miles (like an extra 25,000 for signing up I cancel a card and reapply for it again in 6 months.

never really thought of that one.....

njswift10141980

May 11, 2009
I prob have stated that i'm from NJ & i'll be flying out of newark. On a side note every time that I have gone down to DR it's been on continental & so far it's been pretty good (knock on wood), but I'm willing to fly any airline.

njswift10141980

May 11, 2009
I prob have stated that i'm from NJ & i'll be flying out of newark. On a side note every time that I have gone down to DR it's been on continental & so far it's been pretty good (knock on wood), but I'm willing to fly any airline.

I forgot to add that i'll be flying into sdq.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
We have American, Continental, Delta, Etc.,. We keep most of our miles in Amex. I know there's a fee, but we can move our miles to whoever flys where we want and gives us the best deal and with the alliances we can get on almost any airline we want. Works for us and with airlines going out it saves us losing our miles.