Celiusma Play Dorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccr

Aug 2, 2005
Can anyone tell me anything about the Celuisma Playa Dorado, ie: coffee pot in the room, fridge, full bathroom. We will be staying in a suite for 2 weeks starting on the 16th of February. Also what is the cable cars like for a tour up the mountain and the approx. cost. This will be the only trip we take as we have been to POP severl times before but have not take the tour up the mountain. Not fussy about heights.

Thanks for any help
cc from Sask.:ermm:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Can anyone tell me anything about the Celuisma Playa Dorado, ie: coffee pot in the room, fridge, full bathroom. We will be staying in a suite for 2 weeks starting on the 16th of February. Also what is the cable cars like for a tour up the mountain and the approx. cost. This will be the only trip we take as we have been to POP severl times before but have not take the tour up the mountain. Not fussy about heights.

Thanks for any help

I can't really answer any of your question for sure.
But, I would not expect a working coffee pot in the room. Since it's an AI, you will be much more likely to encounter some cheap booze in the fridge.
I have never visited the Celuisma... but I have yet to find an AI resort which would NOT have a bath in suite in all it's guest rooms. Maybe we need to define the word FULL bath... here that may be limited to a toilet, a sink and a shower (not always a bath tub), in case that was your question.

I am not sure about the cable car price anymore... but I believe for non-nationals it may be around USD 12.oo (round trip). If you get a cab off the main road (versus from your hotel lobby at a hiked rate) you could look at around USD 6.oo each way for transportation to and from the base station.

Here is one thing I know FOR SURE though: If you want to take the cable car (teleferico) do so EARLY in the morning, as the mountain tends to find itself in the midst of a cloud after 2PM which is about time to take the car downwards.

Enjoy! ... J-D.

ccr

Aug 2, 2005
Full Bathroom meaning: Toilet, sink, tub and shower. Some resorts only have the toilet, sink and shower.

Thanks for the replys

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

Thanks for any help

Perhaps you should ready this: Fantastic Holiday!! - Review of Celuisma Tropical Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic - TripAdvisor

Teleferico up Mnt. Isabella is great and very reasonably priced, just RD$200 for non-residents if I remember correctly and very good advice to go early in the day before the mist descends. Enjoy your trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.