Police catch thefts in action

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The thin girl in the blue shirt-quite a feisty little tiguerita, uh? :cheeky:

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I found it amusing that they let a civilian woman do the "chocha check" (DR version of the Austrailian "Shiela Check") but then the male cop reached in to get possession of the evidence....do they do BCSs too?

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
What a show! I love how the crowd really gets into it. Towards the end, when they are taking them away, one guy standing by the camera says 'kill them!', and another woman says, after enjoying the entertainment, 'hey, where did my son go to?'. Great performance by the police, 2 thumbs up. Can't wait for the sequel.

bachata/jj : it says on the caption of the video that they were riding around in a fake carro publico robbing people, and got caught just as they stole RD $21,000 from a guy they had just picked up.

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
Watch out for pirate cars...

unbelievable...great video though, this is exactly why i dont like riding around in publicos...stuff like that happens too often! yikes!

This car was a "pirate" carro publico, and you can tell by a few pics they show at the end of the video. That means that it does not belong to the sindicato (like a union) for that route, and is not registered with the government transportation office.

The best bet is to take cars that have the roof painted green or yellow, with signs on the roof or side that have the car's number and route info. The driver should also have an I.D. hanging for passengers to see. Don't get in a hurry, just wait for a legit car to come along.