Foreign Corp doing business in the DR, etc

k0balt

Sep 15, 2009
I have a specific question regarding foreign corporations doing business in the DR, as well as some general ones. I have tried searching but have not been able to find the answers I need, and also I know that dominican corporate law has very recently been overhauled, so I need current info if possible.

My questions are, in order of importance:

1: Can a US corporation with an RNC# legally import and sell items in the DR?
a. Do any special fees / taxes apply that would not apply to a DR company?

2: Are there any special restrictions on the type of business that can be conducted by a foreign corporation?

3:Can a foreign person (US citizen) own a Limited Liability Individual Business (EIRL)?

4. What is the process for a foreign corporation to do business here (including import and resale)? (i realize that this may have been answered in other threads, if you have good search params or could link to them, please include)

Please do not respond with "use the search function", unless you can also help with search terms or links to old posts... I have looked, maybe I just don't know what to search for?

Any helpful information would be appreciated!

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
1: Can a US corporation with an RNC# legally import and sell items in the DR? Yes

a. Do any special fees / taxes apply that would not apply to a DR company? Depends, certain exemptions may only apply to Dominican companies

2: Are there any special restrictions on the type of business that can be conducted by a foreign corporation? There are some.

3:Can a foreign person (US citizen) own a Limited Liability Individual Business (EIRL)? No, the owner of an EIRl must be an individual.

4. What is the process for a foreign corporation to do business here (including import and resale)? (i realize that this may have been answered in other threads, if you have good search params or could link to them, please include) Get the RNC #, get legal and accounting advice about setting up your business: employees, social security, taxes, etc.

Please do not respond with "use the search function", unless you can also help with search terms or links to old posts... I have looked, maybe I just don't know what to search for?

Any helpful information would be appreciated!
Edit/Delete Message