High ranked prospect involved in murder in the DR!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
you wonder if any adults are guiding these kids....sad....i wonder what he did with the 2 million ?

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
and he shot this guy over what ?

Over a VIP table in a nightclub, I want to puke. All that talent and future wasted for a f(*&^*ing table. He was projected to be a 35+ HR 100 RBI guy for the Giants.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
How freaken upsetting! All that talent gone to waste!!!!

Have you all noticed how we are seeing more and more of stories like this one. Remember Ambiorix Burgos? My barber here in NY knows him personally and told me some wild stories of him. Just insane how these kids have no education even after making it to the big leagues. They should have life coaches and all that. Or even freaken educational courses. Estos campesinos are lacking self discipline in life.

Reactions: Frank the Tank

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
you wonder if any adults are guiding these kids....sad....i wonder what he did with the 2 million ?

What does the 2 million have to do with this accusation??

What Tigre said is right, this little kids with no educations should be given at least a course of conduct and discipline. They believe that because they are filthy rich they are "Trujillo's" in their respective hometown. We haven't heard the whole story but the fact that he is involved and is the main suspect is a shame.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
i agree with the last two posts. a similar incident happened to a phenom in my area (USA) a few years back. this kid was drafted by the yankees at 18 and given a million dollar signing bonus (this infuriated steinbrenner as it was during the time he was not in control of the yankees) the kid stepped into a fight involving his brother and was boddy slammed and dislocated his pitching sholder. never was the same afterwards. i know this is a different type of altercation but jealous locals will always try to provoke these kids (not saying this was the case but quite probable) and a life coach would seem to be a good idea. the NBA has been known to provide these coaches for foreign players and those straight out of highschool and it has proven to be very beneficial. sad story indeed

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
right

He denies the accusation:

Pelotero ?ngel Villalona asegura no fue ?l quien dispar? contra joven - DiarioLibre.com

How many admit it? Him denying it dont really mean much! Are you putting much stock in what he says.

Will have to wait and see what shakes out, but as was said above they get this and think they a god in the barrio.

Ever seen the Plaza that Sosa built? was junk when it was 2 years old. and the rumor was Mom was using a open fire to cook with in the house he built here in San Pedro.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
He denies the accusation:

Pelotero ?ngel Villalona asegura no fue ?l quien dispar? contra joven - DiarioLibre.com

How many admit it? Him denying it dont really mean much! Are you putting much stock in what he says.

Will have to wait and see what shakes out, but as was said above they get this and think they a god in the barrio.

Ever seen the Plaza that Sosa built? was junk when it was 2 years old. and the rumor was Mom was using a open fire to cook with in the house he built here in San Pedro.

bienamor what happened with the "innocent until proven guilty" mentality?? Nobody knows the truth, but anyways is a shame that he is involved in any way in that shooting, even if it was a friend of his who shoot, he should know better how to choose their friends. And if he is guilty I hope he get the whole 20 years behind bars, that willl set an example.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Don't be naive.

How freaken upsetting! All that talent gone to waste!!!!

Have you all noticed how we are seeing more and more of stories like this one. Remember Ambiorix Burgos? My barber here in NY knows him personally and told me some wild stories of him. Just insane how these kids have no education even after making it to the big leagues. They should have life coaches and all that. Or even freaken educational courses. Estos campesinos are lacking self discipline in life.
Education (alone) doesn't change a culture. Sad, but so very true.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
What does the 2 million have to do with this accusation??

i would have figured this kid would have gotten some decent education and stayed away from situations like this.
money doesn't change you but it can change a situation.
in this case, NOT !!!!!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
And if he is guilty I hope he get the whole 20 years behind bars, that will set an example.

Ever heard the old saying "It takes a village to raise a child?" What if the village is full of idiots? How and why would anyone expect anything else from these peloteros?

I had an ex-girlfriend tell me that "los mas brutos de la isla no son los campesinos, son los peloteros".

And for all you fans of tough law and order, this fool getting a 20 year sentence isn't going to set an example for ANYONE. It never does, and it never will.

He has enough money to buy his way out of this mess, so don't worry-he may still make it to las grandes ligas.

I don't know about the 35 home run/100 rbi prognostications, though. It's still too early to tell.

But count on the Dominican justice system whoring itself for a fist full of pesos, no doubt. Just like the ex-pitcher for the Mets in Nagua.

Hombeoy tears through his own hometown in a tank, running over hapless civilians like a Pamplona bull and all he has to do is pay someone off and he's out of jail-actually, he was never IN jail.

So don't sweat it, boys and girls-this cat will be just fine.:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
hmm, so what's the going price of paying for dead people nowadays in the DR ? :ermm:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

bienamor what happened with the "innocent until proven guilty" mentality?? Nobody knows the truth, but anyways is a shame that he is involved in any way in that shooting, even if it was a friend of his who shoot, he should know better how to choose their friends. And if he is guilty I hope he get the whole 20 years behind bars, that Will set an example.

Just that most say that I did not do it. God nobody admits guilt My point is wait and see how things shake out,

Part on Sosa was a commentary on what happens with the money. Usually spent stupidly.

Still innocent until proven guilty, since they changed from Napoleonic law