Hells in paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
the canadian article came out on the 17th of this month, and also mentioned the April date

aross

Nov 15, 2007
the canadian article came out on the 17th of this month, and also mentioned the April date

But whoever wrote it got a little confused. Steve Rainville is certainly not as described in the article, I think he mixed him up with one of the others. He is the younger of the 3 in the photos and the fellow who ran the Security Company SSAT, located in Cabarete (subsequently shut down).

No, I am not a Hells Angel

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Way to focus on the negative... as if nothing good exists.

Interesting how he & his wife have spent several winters in such a horrible environment. I wonder how many more winters he plans to spend in Cabarete now that this hit the press.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
good lord Im more offended by the language used in the article- surely this isnt a real newpaper- is this canadas version of the sunday sport

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
Way to focus on the negative... as if nothing good exists.

Interesting how he & his wife have spent several winters in such a horrible environment. I wonder how many more winters he plans to spend in Cabarete now that this hit the press.

You have to remember the news paper writers credo. "NEVER LET THE TRUTH GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY"

LoboNegro

Feb 5, 2008
But whoever wrote it got a little confused. Steve Rainville is certainly not as described in the article, I think he mixed him up with one of the others. He is the younger of the 3 in the photos and the fellow who ran the Security Company SSAT, located in Cabarete (subsequently shut down).

No, I am not a Hells Angel

I'm glad to hear these guys were shut down, I think my friends and I were part of the reason. We were actually victims of an robbery attempt that SSAT was contracted to.

Sep 20, 2003
"teenage ?sanky pankies??these ripped, criminally good-looking ebony kite surfer dudes who generally work the resort beat?playing tonsil-hockey on the beach with somebody?s saggy-titted, liver-spotted grandma."

Wow, that's some writing... :ermm:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I sometimes think their must be 2 Sosuas in parallel universes!

There's just one... encompassing good and bad. Some simply put on blinders and only see the good or the bad, depending on their motivations or pure naivety.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Indeed..........some people go to Amsterdam to add to their collection of Delft pottery and others errrrrrrr don't

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
What a story - fiction that is. With a smithering of truth perhaps. Reminds me of years ago when I was providing smoking cessation programs and rented church space for them. I was shlepping (lugging) my cart full of equipment and material to present one evening at the church and as I got out of my car, blocking the entrance were these scary looking dudes with Harleys, rolled up sleeves with their ciggies rolled into the sleeves, and I stopped breathing. As I proceeded with my pull cart of stuff, they made a path for me and one asked if he could help, and then they all helped and turned out to be the nicest, sweetest guys. I was shocked and grateful and saw how quick I was to judge...

Status
Not open for further replies.