Breezes Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Any news on when they are likely to re-open and under what name?
Want to book my wedding at this location.....hope it opens soon.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
My Dominican hairdresser who works there was kept on as managerial staff to supervise housekeeping staff during the renovations after it closed. She phoned me the other day from New York where she is using the time to visit family - she won't return until end of October, so I doubt if it is due to open before then. Maybe they're still looking for a company to take over the operational side?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
The original plan (AFAIK) was to re-open in November BUT apparently there have been few if any of the planned renovations completed and most locals don't expect to see the doors open this season (so I am told).

Barring a last minute management contract or affiliation with some sort of a hotel chain, the name is expected to be some variation of Sol de Plata Beach Resort & Spa; if and when it opens.

Time will tell.

Gregg

P.S. - Right now their energies seem to be concentrated on finding a way to not pay liquidation to their laid off employees.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Don't hold your breath for it to open any time soon, llike in the next year or more. Absolutly NOTHING has been done other then mow the lawns. No renovations, and no plans to open. I think they are looking for a buyer. At least they did not steal everyone's money like the Elliot's did with Sun Village. I doubt thier workers got thier lilquidation either (Sun Village that is).

Bob K

ggparts

Mar 20, 2003
Some friends have a Time Share there.

They were advised "no problem" and reservations have been made for Feb and my friends are expecting to stay there at this point. Time will tell.
ggparts

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
If you have a reservation for Breezes for Feb. 2010 the time to be looking to change resorts would be NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of if not now then yesterday.

Bob K

Status
Not open for further replies.