Why is there such limited Cable TV Channels in Las Terrenas/Samana???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovation1

Jun 24, 2006
Perhaps someone from Las Terrenas/Samana could help shed some light on this situation. I ve traveled to the Las Terrenas over 30 times and I recently traveled to Cabarete and was surprised to see that on their local cable ( no not SKY) that they had, CBS, ABC, NBC, CNBC, TWC, HBO, ESPN and ESPN 2 in English, not the ESPN Deportes version. Why is it that in Las Terrenas/Samana, there seems to be such a poor offering of Cable TV channels??

R

Ryan82

US Channels in Las Terrenas

Perhaps someone from Las Terrenas/Samana could help shed some light on this situation. I ve traveled to the Las Terrenas over 30 times and I recently traveled to Cabarete and was surprised to see that on their local cable ( no not SKY) that they had, CBS, ABC, NBC, CNBC, TWC, HBO, ESPN and ESPN 2 in English, not the ESPN Deportes version. Why is it that in Las Terrenas/Samana, there seems to be such a poor offering of Cable TV channels??

Cable TV Las Terrenas offers most of these channels. Its the only provider in town offering a good amount of US channels. I have a house over there by the beach, and you can even purchase the service only for the months you stay.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Get a Satellite system! Pay 12,000 or so and then only 45 bucks a Year for all of the TV you want...I no longer have mine, but you can contact Digital TV in SD, have it shipped to you in whatever way,or get it yourself, well worth it!

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
ITS A 5YR OLD POST......GET A LIFE, or are we getting set up for a SPAMSANDWICH......

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I think that the major problem is that ther are so many French speaking people here in LT that English speakers and English sports like Rugby Union they just don't want to include them in their offerings. i have asked them many times to include BBC World but they take no notice.

L

LinaCorina

I get BBC America with Telecable Sanchez - Las Terrenas for $15 a month (channel 67)

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I now have a complete UK TV package. It comes with a small set top box (which nobody every puts on top of the set) and I get over 40 UK tv channels, 17 UK radio channels plus catch up tv which lets me go back two weeks to watch anything I've missed. I will be watching the World Cup on BBC & ITV!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.