Canadians living in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Fox 60

Jan 17, 2007
My wife and I are moving to Sosua next year and are wanting to meet other Canadians living here in the area. We have a house already in Lamulata and will be there for a Month in December. Does any one know the best place to buy a flat panel TV or is it better to try and bring one with us. We will also be looking for a used 4X4 and some used furniture. :cheeky:

Trig

Aug 20, 2006
Have dinner and drinks at Rocky's Bar a few times and you'll be all set. When we were there, it seemed like Canadian ex-pat central (actually, just ex-pat central in gerneral). Very friendly staff, great food, and Rick the owner is from Canada as well.

Enjoy

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I thought flat screen tvs were very expensive over here........It may be worth bringing one , but I beleive there is size limit, there is a thread somewhere about bring a tv.Also make sure no one sees you bringing it to your house and make sure its not on view from passers by....dispose of all packaging by burning, so noone knows you have got it

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
cars are cheaper than in the uk, but probably more expensive than Canada,there is a lot of second hand furniture available in the local papers, but they still ask a lot for it,whether they get it is another matter

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I thought flat screen tvs were very expensive over here........It may be worth bringing one , but I beleive there is size limit, there is a thread somewhere about bring a tv.Also make sure no one sees you bringing it to your house and make sure its not on view from passers by....dispose of all packaging by burning, so noone knows you have got it

Good thinking JR, it is probably not a good idea to advertise your looking for a carpenter to build you a shelf for your newly arrived 50 inch LG.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
My wife and I are moving to Sosua next year and are wanting to meet other Canadians living here in the area. We have a house already in Lamulata and will be there for a Month in December. Does any one know the best place to buy a flat panel TV or is it better to try and bring one with us. We will also be looking for a used 4X4 and some used furniture. :cheeky:

You may want to think about bringing in your stuff in a container with a provisional residence. Stuff here is VERY EXPENSIVE.

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
To be able to ship a container in do you have to have recieved your temp residency or just have to have applied for it?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
To be able to ship a container in do you have to have recieved your temp residency or just have to have applied for it?

You must have it. A person can apply for it during one of his trips down here and by the time he is ready to move (Approx. 6-12 months) he has his temporary and good to go.

Silver Fox 60

Jan 17, 2007
Great info thanks to you al for your posts. I wish that I had known some of it before. I have already had a 19" flat panel Panasonic stolen and an i pod radio docking station that were hidden in a suit case out of site.

Status
Not open for further replies.