Wristwatch shop in or near Puerto Plata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
I have recently immigrated to the DR and I am living in Puerto Plata. I am gradually finding my way around, but can anyone recommend a shop where I can get a new battery and strap fitted to my favorite wristwatch without it being butchered? Thanks.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
At Joyeria Soler on Calle Beller

That's the one at the top of the hill going out of Puerto Plata towards Sosua. Generally very busy but good at what they do.

The alternative is the one run by ladies (since hubby/Father died earlier this year) which is in 12 de Julio & virtually opposite the post office. Very much smaller but no queues (normally) ~ Grahame

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
A new battery at the shop opposite the post office will cost you approx 50 pesos. I don't know about the strap because I guess it will depend on type. The wife of the deceased owner has very tiny hands and hasn't ever butchered anything she has done for me. If you're not feeling too confident in Spanish yet, one of the daughters is learning English - I don't know how good it is because we speak in Spanish, but it would probably be enough to overcome any hurdle.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Many thanks for your rapid and helpful replies.

Lambada, my spanish is truly horrible as yet (a work in progress) but I seem to manage to get what I want everywhere, though sometimes after causing some bewilderment or amusement.

Status
Not open for further replies.