Motorcycle dealer in santiago

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Does anyone know of a reputable motorcycle dealer in santiago with a large selection to choose from? (new motorcycles) Any help would be appreciated.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
If you are talking about the smaller bikes I recommend you taking the time to check out Pancho motors in Moca, which is about 20-25 min away. They were considerably cheaper thatn some of the agencias here in Santiago when I bought my Yamaha 115. I don't know about the larger bikes though, cobraboy should though.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I'm looking for about the same size they use here for the motoconchos. Nothing large but with a little bite. Good seating for 2 so as I can scoot around town.

Spec Ed Teacher

Apr 21, 2009
I am fairly new to DR, which direction is Moca? What would be a good price for a 125 or something a little bigger, as he said above with a little bite

GOLFGUY

Oct 25, 2004
For a good used bike with a little bite (125 & 250), try Pacheco motors in La Vega. He is great w/ moto-x, but he also works on all types (including pasola). He is well known to moto riders in La Vega/Moca, so if he doesn't have it, he'll know someone who does.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I am fairly new to DR, which direction is Moca? What would be a good price for a 125 or something a little bigger, as he said above with a little bite

Check around for prices and if you see anything you like, post it here and I'll see if I can get it cheaper through my buddy in Moca.

cavebiker

Have a dream, live it. Set a goal, achieve it.
Dt 125 ?

Super, I copied all that down.

I will be looking for a DT 125 or bigger, anyone think there is a chance the before mentioned places will have Yamaha DTs?

I've had two DT125s here in the past but wish I could find a DT250 for the two-up riding I do with my wife.
1115130265_rL8FA-L.jpg

Although a Vstrom 650 like cobraboy rides would be the ultimate, not much chance of finding one.

Any more thoughts on this topic are welcome, anything DR/motorcycle related topic and where to buy.

Cheers

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Pancho Motors is a good choice. I haven seen their Moca operation, but they have a huge selection in La Vega, including a few larger bikes & scooters.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004

I will be looking for a DT 125 or bigger, anyone think there is a chance the before mentioned places will have Yamaha DTs?

I've had two DT125s here in the past but wish I could find a DT250 for the two-up riding I do with my wife.
1115130265_rL8FA-L.jpg

Although a Vstrom 650 like cobraboy rides would be the ultimate, not much chance of finding one.

Any more thoughts on this topic are welcome, anything DR/motorcycle related topic and where to buy.

Cheers
CAVEBIKER!!!

:D:D:D

You guys back for winter?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

1115130265_rL8FA-L.jpg

Cheers

You could get a 170 cc big bore kit, change the carb and have the local mechanics tune it for you. Believe it or not these guys are good with small disp. engines.

In fact I have a Yamaha yb125e which I will be overboaring to 170 cc or so, grinding the cam and changing the carb if need be. Should be lots of fun. If your in the Sosua area I can show it to you when it's finished when I go there for work from Santiago.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004

1115130265_rL8FA-L.jpg

Cheers
If you guys can swing the extra $$$, a TW200 would be the perfect bike for y'all...

2008-Yamaha-TW200c.jpg

A 200cc Motard...

cavebiker

The TW200 is a cool looking bike but I rode one a few years ago and thought it was such a dog, I could not even pop a wheelie no matter how hard I tried. I love the zip of the 2-stroke. Plus ya can't buy DTs in the states anymore. I still love how the TW200s look.

cavebiker

Thanks man, that is a good idea if I wanted more speed but I just want a little bigger machine for 2-up riding. The DT125 water-cooled we had here in 2010' was as fast as I needed. Of course we are talking DR roads here :alien:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The TW200 is a cool looking bike but I rode one a few years ago and thought it was such a dog, I could not even pop a wheelie no matter how hard I tried. I love the zip of the 2-stroke. Plus ya can't buy DTs in the states anymore. I still love how the TW200s look.

If the TW200 is a dog my yb125 is just a puppy, albeit with torque. :)

cavebiker

We wish but I got to fill the pig first. We want to afford a newer bike this time so hopefully fewer problems.
We look forward to catching up next time we are on the island (I love the way that sounds)
Cheers,
Tom & Heidi

Dominican Republic Motorcycle Adventure

I saw this bike for $4K with under 600 miles

106265051_1thumb_550x410.jpg

Good looking machine but I still like the idea of buying local.