hotel in La Cienaga needed

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The nearest would be the ones along the coast like Pontevedra, Casa Blanca, Casa Bonita: there is no hotel in La Cienaga itself.

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
No real hotels there...

If you are interested in staying with a family, there is a new project in La Cienega where you can do that. I have seen a sign on the road going through town, it seems that they have an office for it now.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/south-west-coast/95458-community-ecoturism-attraction-la-cienega.html

I have heard about an informal type of hotel in La Cienega, very basic, that has rooms that they rent out to people when they come there, but no contact information for it. Could be a cabana-like situation that you might not be interested in. You could show up and ask about it, then try one of the other places if the rooms are full.

The cheapest/nearest hotel would probably be Pontevedra or that place up on the hill above San Rafael. Next level up would be Quemaito or Playazul. Then there's Casa Bonita, which is quite expensive...

La Cienega is only about 20 minutes outside of Barahona, so you could easily stay there. The public transport situation isn't that bad if you won't have a vehicle. For Barahona hotels, look around in this section and there is a thread about the city of Barahona where several hotels are recommended.

Have a good trip!

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
Right at the beach, in the row of houses clinched between the road and the beach itself - When you walk down the main road, you turn right a couple of houses. An elderly lady rents out rooms - very basic -a bed, a candle for light, common toilet and shower-tap; I forgot her name, but everybody knows her - very inexpensive, but that goes with the basics in comfort