drinking till midnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan

Mar 9, 2002
Hello,

I have not been down to the DR in about 2 years. Last time I was there, there was a midnight curfew on drinking in the bars and clubs outside of the all inclusives. I am going down in about 2 weeks and was wondering if that curfew is still in effect. Also is there still a disco in playa dorado i think it was mangu?

Thanks

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Hello,

I have not been down to the DR in about 2 years. Last time I was there, there was a midnight curfew on drinking in the bars and clubs outside of the all inclusives. I am going down in about 2 weeks and was wondering if that curfew is still in effect. Also is there still a disco in playa dorado i think it was mangu?

Thanks

Not really a curfew you need to worry about. It's around 2am (or 1am in some places).

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Mangu's closed due to competition from Coco-Bongo, also in Playa Dorada. Coco-Bongo is nothing special (Mangu was much nicer club), but it gets full since they pay off the animation teams to bring the tourists there.

Mangu's is now 'Spice.' Have not been there since it changed but heard its a hooker hangout joint.

Other options outside PD are Ocean World's Lighthouse Lounge (Wednesdays/Fridays are good there) and the clubs in Cabarete. Of course there is stuff inbetween depending on your tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.