Information wanted on two cabarete Hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

samsbar

Jun 30, 2005
Can anyone provide insight on level of accomodations, amenities,etc for "Casa Blanca" and "Residencia Dominican" In Cabarete? I have friends considering these hotels for a vacation next year and they have asked for the "scoop". Found one thread here for Casa Blanca but it was dated. Any help appreciated. Thank you Joanne

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
mmhmm....isnt it owned by some sort of clergyman/real estate person that used to post on here or has it changed hands

La Verdad

Jan 4, 2009
Avoid

I would keep my distance from this hotel unless it was sold.
The Pastor/Real Estate charlatan is not someone I would trust with the keys to my room.

Do a search on the name cabaretewilliam on this site for a review.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Did you ever stop to think why the "wonderful" reports are by posters with just one (1) post. Whats even more of a coincidence, is those posters often have the same IP address and are posting from the same computer etc. Mmmmm......

My advice, take the advice of those posters that actually live here and have many posts on the board :)

For some highly recommended alternatives, take a look at: Dominican Republic Small Hotels

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
The owner of Casa Blanca has been banned here on several occasions for various TOS violations and has been sanctioned on TripAdvisor (where I am a Destination Expert) for SPAMMING TA members with their PM system and for verbally attacking posters who post less than glorious comments about his property and himself. He has had posts removed and has had his PM privileges withdrawn.

It is really quite pathetic when you are the only one saying good things about your own property.

Gregg
from Sunny Punta Cana;
at least for today, home tomorrow...

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
There goes Robert again. Always wanting to discriminate against the small honest hard-working hotel owners that refuse to pay him blood (advertisement) money. We are all entitled to our own opinions.

You still posting as "thomas2" these days?
How many other usernames do you have?

You're right, we sure do discriminate here at DR1, we don't support or endorse those hotel operators that are know to have an "interesting" reputation. All the others, we go out of our way to promote and present their businesses, look no further than dr1travel.com

Hey, who am I to judge, I'll let others search on DR1 and do their due diligence and see what they find out about "Casa Blanca in Cabarete".

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Joanne,

I stayed at Casa Blanca twice (Feb 07 & Mar 08)...once by the old owner and once with the new owner.

The hotel is reasonably priced and is quiet.

It is unfortunate that the owner seems to have lost his mind because otherwise I would have recommended it.

The way things seem to be right now, I wouldn't chance it or recommend it to others anymore.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
How can you treat a man of God this way? A man who left the comforts of living amongst a congregation of people that loved and respected him in Canada to save the souls of those less fortunate in this 3rd world (and help people buy condos?God has blessed him with 30 years of extremely successful real estate sales).

And unfortunately it isn't just DR1. A few weeks ago the CabareteWilliam account was banned on Trip Advisor (probably because others were jealous since his hotel was getting so many positive reviews) so he is now forced to publish Owner Responses under a William01 account.

And then last week Dominican Today banned his account just for telling a really funny joke (there is one part I will probably need to change...he uses the full "Nword"...but I am sure it was to serve God?s will, when will you people understand?) http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/fo...couple-denied-marriage-license-in-Louisiana/3.

Here it is in case you are too lazy to go over and look at it.

?This is airplane is going to crash and the pilot says i have good news and bad news. The bad news is this plane is going down and quick, the good news is if we throw people off the plane we might be able to recover. the pilot say ok lets start alphabetically, (A) are there and African Americans on the plane, no one answers. (B) Are there any Black people on the plane, no one answers. (C) Are there any colored people on the plane, no one answers. So then a black kid says to his dad i thought we were African American, black, and colored. His dad says no son today were [Nword']s we'll let the mexicans go before us.?

C'mon. This is hilarious (although he probably could have used ?negros? rather than the real Nword and it would have been pretty much the same joke, if not as funny)! The moderators of all these sites must be liberal white people because colored folks down here think this is really funny stuff. In fact the pastor is practically one of them. He even told me this story where a few times he actually went to this pool hall above the grocery store in Cabarete where white people never go and played pool with them.

He deserves better treatment than this.

Yes William, you are right - it's not you; it's everyone else...

You get banned over and over from multiple websites for the same outrageous behaviors and it's never you - it's always about someone else's agenda.

FYI your other TA alter ego CabareteWilliam was banned well after you created the William01 persona, in violation of the TA TOS which does not permit multiple accounts, but that probably shouldn't apply to you, should it.

Gregg

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Casa Blanca or Residencia Dominicana?

Well, now that that discussion has come to fruition, I can give you some info on the Residencia Dominicana. It is located in Pro Cab, the gated community right off the main street of Cabarete. It is closer to the center of town and is away from the racket of the main street. These are basic rooms, there is a pool and a small restaurant on the premises. Very international clientele and reasonably priced. Many come there to do the wind surfing and kite surfing as Ali's Surf Camp is right across the street, within Pro Cab, from the Residencia. Hope this helps :squareeye:squareeye

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
Well, now that that discussion has come to fruition, I can give you some info on the Residencia Dominicana. It is located in Pro Cab, the gated community right off the main street of Cabarete. It is closer to the center of town and is away from the racket of the main street. These are basic rooms, there is a pool and a small restaurant on the premises. Very international clientele and reasonably priced. Many come there to do the wind surfing and kite surfing as Ali's Surf Camp is right across the street, within Pro Cab, from the Residencia. Hope this helps :squareeye:squareeye

Totally agree. Residencia is a great place. I was there for a few months last year, and have already booked for this year. The rooms are definately nicer at Residencia (did you see the pictures Soobadiver posted of his room at Casa Blanca...it looked kind-of like a prison cell), but Residencia doesn't have as many apartments\studios as Casa Blanca so you have to book early for those.

Brigid (the woman that runs Residencia) is a very nice\competant\reasonable manager. She has been part of the Cabarete community for many years, and doesn't seem to thrive on causing division and controversy like another hotel owner I am familiar with.

The guests at Residencia are definately younger, from lots of different countries, and there is more hanging out and talking in the common areas which can be kind-of fun and interesting. From my stay at Casa Blanca I noticed the guests tended to be alot older, whiter, and to share a common (religous) view if you get my drift.

samgautreau

Aug 10, 2009
One year after Tom Greene vowed to ruin this Hotel and the owner - and he did try very hard- they still hold the number one spot on Tripadvisor for 15 or so B & B's, with a 95% approval rate, and only one negative review out of 41. And Tripadvisor does validate reviews. It removed the fake one posted by FireGuy :) So who do you listen to
1. The fly by night client who owed money and promised to destroy the hotel and the owner, or

2. The 40 clients who stayed there. Many of them in the last year.

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
One year after Tom Greene vowed to ruin this Hotel and the owner - and he did try very hard- they still hold the number one spot on Tripadvisor for 15 or so B & B's, with a 95% approval rate, and only one negative review out of 41. And Tripadvisor does validate reviews. It removed the fake one posted by FireGuy :) So who do you listen to
1. The fly by night client who owed money and promised to destroy the hotel and the owner, or

Gee, I wonder who this is. :bored: Didn't he promise not to ever read (much less post) on DR1 again because it held no interest for him?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
And Tripadvisor does validate reviews. It removed the fake one posted by FireGuy :)

Why do I not believe this? Because Fireguy, who is a moderator here on DR1 is also a Destination Expert on Trip Advisor where he is known as Gregg. He has made it clear in this thread why he doesn't post resort reviews on TA but helps people in many other ways:
threatening e-mails - Cabarete Forum - TripAdvisor

Doubtless FireGuy will speak for himself, but he might be a little busy travelling back from the DR right now.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com

Great to be on vacation but it's also great to get back home...

Now I know you are a liar (I could never prove it before but since I have NEVER posted any kind of an accommodation review on TripAdvisor, your accusation makes you and the truth mutually exclusive).

While I must say, to be honest your property is not the only one I have concerns with, it is one of the most egregious examples of potential owner interference in the TA rating system. If I could prove that most of the glowing reviews of Casa Blanca were fakes (as I suspect) I would take action to have them removed. As Robert alluded to before "the "wonderful" reports are by posters with just one (1) post" it is utterly amazing how many of the "wonderful" TA reviews of Casa Blanca are also done by "one post wonders". Kind of makes you go hmmmmm...

As I said before "It is really quite pathetic when you are the only one saying good things about your own property".

Gregg

samgautreau

Aug 10, 2009
The last couple of reviews are by repeat customers. So you are wrong, again! You and Robert are conspiracy buffs? The owner, from one IP address in Cabarete, over a period of 2 years, manages to post 40 good reviews about himself, and TA does not get it? LOL :)

The fact is a "FireGuy" did leave a review a month or so ago and TA removed it as a obvious fake. So you expect us to believe you are not the same "FireGuy". Sorry, not that much faith :)

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
not saying this is the case(but i, too have my suspicions) but if i had a hotel i wanted to plug i could certainly come up with a few friends and family from various areas to write reviews that have never stayed there. and i could even send them some pretty pictures to post to make it seem legit. i am sure william is quite a charmer when need be(comes with the trades he's been involved in) so i am quite sure some of the reviews are legit, but it seems if you were to get on his bad side you would never hear the end of it. such people are to be avoided. i would personally not say anything bad against his hotel as i have never stayed there and i am sure greg feels the same way but fair warning to unsuspecting travellers dependant on TA reviews about suspicious behavior is commendable and what the forum is all about.... ben

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Time to close this. I'll leave the various responses posted by the same person so everyone can see what a sad individual he is.

No wonder he has been kicked off multiple websites and real estate offices.

By all means stay at "Casa Blanca", but just be warned, many on this board would not go near the place or recommend it. Don't say you haven't been warned.

Take a look at dr1travel.com for other better options.

Status
Not open for further replies.