Need Advice in Las Galeras

Cdncpl

Oct 31, 2007
We will be arriving in LG next weekend and are wondering if anyone could suggest where is the best place in the area to purchase the following...

1. A decent used quad (Honda Grizzly or similar)
2. A good quality full size refrigerator/freezer
3. 2 or 3 large tv's.. Not flat screen, just tube style.
4. Will also need sattelite and internet service.

Any leads and info on what we can expect to pay would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
T&K

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is most certainly NOT the area to make any such purchases. They would be more expensive than necessary and of questionable condition. Stuff like this is best purchased in Santo Domingo or Santiago with maybe San Francisco de Macoris in third place...

Really....

HB

NOTE: When you get to Las Galeras, find Eddy if he is around at Los Mariniques. He will give you the straight info on all of these issues. Or the Italian guy at the Ice Cream - Pizza place on the corner...

Cdncpl

Oct 31, 2007
Thanks!

Thanks HB

What about Samana or LT?.... any better? or should we plan a trip to a larger city? Also, if we do go that far to make these purchases, is delivery possible?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Shopping on the Peninsula?

What about Samana or LT?.... any better? or should we plan a trip to a larger city? Also, if we do go that far to make these purchases, is delivery possible?

I recommend to shop in SFdM, Stgo. or the capital.
You'd get a good selection in those places and better prices, too.
Nagua is also better than LT and Saman? town.
I always take things home with me, never have them delivered, as I consider my transport much more gentle... ;)

donP

Tonydomrep

Feb 22, 2009
1. A decent used quad (Honda Grizzly or similar)
Try to look around in Las Terrenas. The only place where are really a lot of them.
2. A good quality full size refrigerator/freezer
Santo Domingo or Nagua
3. 2 or 3 large tv's.. Not flat screen, just tube style.
Nagua
4. Will also need sattelite and internet service.
Sky tv is working perfect: BIENVENIDOS A SKY Rep?blica Dominicana - republica dominicana - El mejor sistema de televisi?n por suscripci?n v?a sat?lite
Internet can be a sat provider as well. If you have afixed line from codetel, use flash from them.

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
If you don't want to go to Santo Domingo or Santiago you might try Commercial Leon in Las Terrenas on Calle Prinicpal near the Calle Carmen intersection. We bought a great GE refrigerator there last winter and also a washing machine. There was a problem with the washer but there was a guarantee and the service was great. Deal with the owner who speaks some English, sometimes he has appliances that have a little scratch or dent for less. It saves a trip to the Capital unless you have a real passion to do that.