Visitor visa for wife....re Immigration Canada

Santiagoguy

Apr 21, 2009
Where did he have to go to apply and all that?...I need more info..Im in Santiago now but want to take my wife to meet my family in Canada..ot to stay, but just a week or wo for a visit...any help would be greatly appreciated!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
For Canada

Where did he have to go to apply and all that?...I need more info..Im in Santiago now but want to take my wife to meet my family in Canada..ot to stay, but just a week or wo for a visit...any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, you need to get an application at the SD embassy or you might be able to get on at the Canadian Consulate in Puerto Plata but I think the one online is fillable too.

Info here;
Temporary Resident Visa (formerly known as Visitor Visa)

Dominican Republic citizens require a visa to visit Canada. If you are a citizen of another country, please check the list of countries whose citizens require a visa to visit Canada.

To apply for a Temporary Resident Visa at the Canadian Embassy in Santo Domingo, applicants must present the following:
  • application form PDF * (216 KB) duly completed and signed;
  • additional family information PDF * (133 KB) completed and signed by each adult
  • additional information PDF * (307 KB) completed and signed by each adult
  • valid passport;
  • one recent passport-size photograph for each applicant;
  • letter from your employer;
  • bank references;
  • letter of invitation (if applicable); and
  • processing fees, which must be paid upon submission of your application.
Link Visas and Immigration

I'll move your question into a new thread after you've had a chance to read it.

Good luck

Last edited:

Santiagoguy

Apr 21, 2009
does anybody here have any idea of how hard it is to get approved for a temporary visa?...do alot of ppl get denied or is it easy?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
does anybody here have any idea of how hard it is to get approved for a temporary visa?...do alot of ppl get denied or is it easy?

From what people have posted here it's extremely hard to get a visitor visa to Canada. Unless you are going to live in the DR forever why not have her apply for Canadian permanent residency visa?

Just a thought