Apart-hotel Ocean Breeze

Evv

Sep 5, 2009
Has anyone stayed at this hotel long term? Would you recommend it? Is it safe for a single women? Or any other suggestions?
Many thanks

Mr P

Oct 12, 2009
I have stayed @ the Oceam Breeze twice in 2009 for 4-5 days each visit. The management is friendly. They speak English. The prices are fair.

Each guest is given a key to keep the entry door locked . This process works as long as every guest manually locks the entry door. If a guest does not lock the entry door, there could be a security issue.

Management is not always on premises. If you call them via telephone, they will show up generally within 20 minutes.

You might check out Apart-hotel Roma. It is located on El Conde @ Calle Duarte. This area of the Colonial Zone is staffed with tourist police.

The owner is Italian and does not speak English. It is centrally located. The rooms are large and clean. Many of the rooms have kitchens. There is a grocery store across the street.

There is a front desk which is manned 24 hrs. The hotel staff does speak English. The front door is locked at night. If you want in after business hours, the front desk staff will unlock the door for you.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I have also stayed at the Ocean Breeze several times and Mr. P is quite right about security, especially for a single female. I have only good things to say about the management, cleanliness and spaciousness of the rooms, and price, but there is no front desk, and the entrance is on the small street a block from Parque Independencia going toward the Malecon. For a single woman, that could be problematic.

El_Canuck

Mar 5, 2006
Does the ocean breeze have a website? Also would anyone recommend the Aladino or Foreigners Club?

El_Canuck

Mar 5, 2006
Never mind about their website. I found it. But if anyone has first hand info on the Aladino or Foreigners club I would appreciate it.

Evv

Sep 5, 2009
Jalencastro, what is the apart hotel in Gazcue called? Thank you, Ev