Tickets now on Sale for Wait Until Dark in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judith Hogg

Mar 19, 2007
Tickets go on sale from Wednesday for the Play Wait Until Dark at the Casa Marina Reef Amphitheatre on November Saturday 21st, Sunday 22nd and Monday 23rd

Tickets 350 Pesos

Tickets are available from the following outlets.

Sosua
Jolly Roger
West Indies Real Estate
Cafe Cubano
Parada El Choco retaurant
Ruby's

Cabarete
Carib Wind Center
Dorothy Maynards
Nomie Day Spa

Profits go to support local charities, so please book your tickets early and come see what all the fuss is about.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Looked up the storyline for the play. Sounds interesting and would be nice to see some theatre for a change.

THE STORY: A sinister con man, Roat, and two ex-convicts, Mike and Carlino, are about to meet their match. They have traced the location of a mysterious doll, which they are much interested in, to the Greenwich Village apartment of Sam Hendrix and his blind wife, Susy. Sam had apparently been persuaded by a strange woman to transport the doll across the Canadian border, not knowing that sewn inside were several grams of heroin. When the woman is murdered the situation becomes more urgent. The con man and his ex-convicts, through a cleverly constructed deception, convince Susy that the police have implicated Sam in the woman's murder, and the doll, which she believes is the key to his innocence, is evidence. She refuses to reveal its location, and with the help of a young neighbor, figures out she is the victim of a bizarre charade. But when Roat kills his associates, a deadly game of cat and mouse ensues between the two. Susy knows the only way to play fair is by her rules, so when darkness falls she turns off all the lights leaving both of them to maneuver in the dark until the game ends.

hicksy

Nov 25, 2005
I hope the communities on the North Coast support this show. An incredible amount of work by the actors and crew has gone into it and the calibre of theater is very, very good. Even though it is slated as amateur theater, the quality of acting is as good as any theater company I have worked with professionally. 2 hours of entertainement and culture for 350 RD is a steal.
:)

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
Wow - Live theater in English in Sosua! Should be awesome. Wish I were there. I hope there will be good attendance. If it goes well, will this be the first in a series?

Ben
P.S. I hope local businesses are supporting this!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
This is truly a professional undertaking - and if it's received as well as expected, I'm told there will be more productions in the future.

So come out and support the North Coast Players - proceeds go to charity as well.

And it's right here in Sosua.

Hope to see you there.

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
We're staying at the Gran Ventana, arriving Friday ...

Any more info?

What time is the play, is it cash bar once you get on the resort, etc ...

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
We're staying at the Gran Ventana, arriving Friday ...

Any more info?

What time is the play, is it cash bar once you get on the resort, etc ...

The play starts at 7:30 PM each of the 3 nights (Nov 21 22 and 23). Sorry I can't answer your other question.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
From a previous post,...

Tickets 350 Pesos

Tickets are available from the following outlets.

Sosua
Jolly Roger
West Indies Real Estate
Cafe Cubano
Ruby's

Cabarete
Carib Wind Center
Dorothy Maynards
Nomie Day Spa

Profits go to support local charities, so please book your tickets early and come see what all the fuss is about.

And to answer your question, there will be a cash bar before the show. The show is continuous - no intermission.

Questions?

Get your tickets now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Tonight is opening night for Wait Until Dark

You can still get tickets (350 pesos) at

Sosua
Jolly Roger
West Indies Real Estate
Cafe Cubano
Ruby's

Cabarete
Carib Wind Center
Dorothy Maynards
Nomie Day Spa

You can also buy tickets at the door.

Support this outstanding event!

Status
Not open for further replies.