Puerto Plata Weather

lisita

Sep 22, 2009
My best friend and I are heading down to Puerto Plata, DR mid January..... Can I get some info on what to expect weather wise? Does it rain alot? What is the average temp?? I have check a few websites and I'm getting mixed information......

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
we?re technically in hurricane/rain season now, and there has not been a lot of rain here in Puerto Plata *knock on wood*
hopefully it will be nice and sunny skies in January. But I wouldn~t worry anyway... most of the time there is a strong shower and then it is clear again... although last January there were some strong strong rains.... who knows really.
You~ll have to wait and see...but I wouldn~t be too worried if I were you :)

lisita

Sep 22, 2009
And the temp.? Here in Canada at that time it runs about 20 below (where I live anyway) so yes, it would be much warmer then here....... but curious as to how high its gets that month.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
And the temp.? Here in Canada at that time it runs about 20 below (where I live anyway) so yes, it would be much warmer then here....... but curious as to how high its gets that month.

Probably a pleasant 26 - 28 degrees and perhaps a little lower at night so you may need a blanket on the bed.