Met a Dominican, I'll keep you posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

caperbabe

Mar 2, 2009
I also met a wonderful Dominican man . He is very open and honest about everything . I went on my first trip to visit him in August and am going back in Dec . We have chatted online since April as well as phone calls daily and texts constantly . I have met his family and friends and all are very nice . I am taking it slow and keeping my head but not because I think he's dishonest , because even if he weren't Dominican it's just smart to do . He knows I know all about Sankies we have talked openly about it and he's very honest about it all . He doesn't work on a resort which is a plus . I'll keep you posted but I really think he's a good guy .

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I also met a wonderful Dominican man . He is very open and honest about everything . I went on my first trip to visit him in August and am going back in Dec . We have chatted online since April as well as phone calls daily and texts constantly . I have met his family and friends and all are very nice . I am taking it slow and keeping my head but not because I think he's dishonest , because even if he weren't Dominican it's just smart to do . He knows I know all about Sankies we have talked openly about it and he's very honest about it all . He doesn't work on a resort which is a plus . I'll keep you posted but I really think he's a good guy .

You just went on your first visit to him in August and you act like you found the needle in the haystack Dominican, Please dont get so excited after one visit with this man. Good luck, you will probably need lots of it.

caperbabe

Mar 2, 2009
Did I have anywhere in my post that I thought I found a needle in a haystack ? I don't think I did .. I think I said he was open and honest and we talk alot ! and I also think I said i was taking it slow .. I am not stupid nor am I too young to not know what goes on .. so cut me some slack , ok .. not everyone is bad ! and I am giving the benefit of the doubt till I know more , as well as keeping my eyes open . Which is what I posted originally

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
You just went on your first visit to him in August and you act like you found the needle in the haystack Dominican, Please dont get so excited after one visit with this man. Good luck, you will probably need lots of it.

And wait till she meets his sobrinossss you know those that call him pap?

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Did I have anywhere in my post that I thought I found a needle in a haystack ? I don't think I did .. I think I said he was open and honest and we talk alot ! and I also think I said i was taking it slow .. I am not stupid nor am I too young to not know what goes on .. so cut me some slack , ok .. not everyone is bad ! and I am giving the benefit of the doubt till I know more , as well as keeping my eyes open . Which is what I posted originally
You think he is open and honest? How do you know he is honest when you have only visited him one time?
You may not be young caperbabe but you do not know what goes on down here after one visit, people down here for years are still trying to figure this place out. You can keep your eyes your ears and whatever you want open caperbabe, these sankys are smarter and better actors then you could ever imagine.
Listen caperbabe, i dont know how old you are or what you look like, but please ask yourself why does this wonderful dominican guy want to be in a long distance relationship with you when the DR is full with hot young chicas? $$$$$$$$$$$$$, thats why.
Please do yourself a favor and watch the movie sanky panky, this may enlighten you a little.

LaMoreniita

Oct 11, 2007
To post in 'Successful Relationships' you have to think you have found 'a needle in a haystack'. You've seen him once, most people who post in this part of the forum have either been married or dating for a while, not a couple of weeks! I might be way younger than you, but I've been 'dating' a Dominican for over 4 years now, but NEVER would I dare to post here yet. Why? Simply because it's totally inappropriate of me to compare my relationship with that of people who have been together on a daily basis for years! I have nothing against your relationship, who am I to judge it? I just think that it was totally unnecessary for you to post about a vacation fling... It might end up being something real (5% chances, and that's being generous!) but for now it's nothing but a fling!

lisita

Sep 22, 2009
You think he is open and honest? How do you know he is honest when you have only visited him one time?
You may not be young caperbabe but you do not know what goes on down here after one visit, people down here for years are still trying to figure this place out. You can keep your eyes your ears and whatever you want open caperbabe, these sankys are smarter and better actors then you could ever imagine.
Listen caperbabe, i dont know how old you are or what you look like, but please ask yourself why does this wonderful dominican guy want to be in a long distance relationship with you when the DR is full with hot young chicas? $$$$$$$$$$$$$, thats why.
Please do yourself a favor and watch the movie sanky panky, this may enlighten you a little.

Listen to him (or her). He (or she) is right. Ask yourself those questions.

I speak from a personal experiance.

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
sanky panky is not a example really because the reality is even worse!
after 2 year and half with my dominican husband and a baby girl together i would never dare to post on succesful relationship because you can never be sure.
like you after one trip i was very sure he was a good boy and so far i got it right.
as for dr is full of sexy chica why someone could be bother to get a girlfriend from abroad,i will reply england/canada/france/usa is full of sexy chico why did we bother??
life doesnt need to be logical sometimes.

Dominicanero

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
after 2 year and half with my dominican husband and a baby girl together i would never dare to post on succesful relationship because you can never be sure.
like you after one trip i was very sure he was a good boy and so far i got it right.
as for dr is full of sexy chica why someone could be bother to get a girlfriend from abroad,i will reply england/canada/france/usa is full of sexy chico why did we bother??life doesnt need to be logical sometimes.

Very well said.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
as for dr is full of sexy chica why someone could be bother to get a girlfriend from abroad,i will reply england/canada/france/usa is full of sexy chico why did we bother??
life doesnt need to be logical sometimes.
Please dont take this personal dalila because I dont know you or your situation, but let's be honest here. Yea there are a lot of sexy chicos in England, Canada, and the USA, but most of these 40+ or not too attractive: ,,younger girls cant get one of these sexy guys. So they prance down to the DR where they become like superman in the phonebooth, and when they step off the plane in the DR they are transformed into Super Model Chica,or so the Sankies make them believe that.
You sound like you have a nice guy and are happy in your life, but even you know that you are beating the odds.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
He is very open and honest about everything ..

Is this really verifiable? Just because he talks to you about sankies and says this or that what does it really mean? The hallmark of a true sanky is pulling the wool over the eyes of their victim and to do that they have to gain their trust - which apparently this guy has of yours already.

Don't trust this guy, get a PI to track him for a couple of days and check his financial status too.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I'll keep you posted but I really think he's a good guy .

Why did you post, caperbabe? I'm not being rude. What need is it inside you that makes you want to tell a bunch of complete strangers, some of whom might be very nice but others might be verging on the born pessimist/cerebrally challenged/from the bozone layer........about a new boyfriend? It's the sort of thing we tell our real life friends but not an anonymous group.

So either you want this thread to be a type of ongoing social anthropoligical cross-cultural study of a burgeoning relationship or...........you maybe have some doubts which you haven't yet verbalised?

Ah..........I just see AlterEgo has provided an answer. You had already defined this as a successful relationship. OK forget about the cross-cultural question :cheeky:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

Who cares?:tired::tired:

Reactions: Tamborista

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
Please dont take this personal dalila because I dont know you or your situation, but let's be honest here. Yea there are a lot of sexy chicos in England, Canada, and the USA, but most of these 40+ or not too attractive: ,,younger girls cant get one of these sexy guys. So they prance down to the DR where they become like superman in the phonebooth, and when they step off the plane in the DR they are transformed into Super Model Chica,or so the Sankies make them believe that.
You sound like you have a nice guy and are happy in your life, but even you know that you are beating the odds.

i dont disagree with you for somes relations and i have seen quite of lot couple quite unusual but also trust me i have seen amongst the sankies the most ugly men ever!
beating the odds,i would say nothing is guarantee and i might get a bad surprise later on but until then im enjoying cada momento.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm catching up so it was either delete a couple of posts from the "successful relationship" thread or give these gals a chance to get some good advice from our understanding and wise members. ;)

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I am all for people asking questions and seeking advice but I fail to see the point of announcements like, I am boinking a Dominican blah blah blah and I am making mucho freaky freaky with a Dominican yada yada yada .......:cheeky:

Reactions: badpiece33

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I am all for people asking questions and seeking advice but I fail to see the point of announcements like, I am boinking a Dominican blah blah blah and I am making mucho freaky freaky with a Dominican yada yada yada .......:cheeky:

:laugh::laugh:

Well I suppose they could be looking for an award like an Emmy or a Grammy or a Da-me-ammy or their 15 mins of fame but I never actually see these as 'announcements' per se. Usually something behind it, if we have the patience to extract teeth..............

Probably not what Anna had in mind by 'wise & understanding'...........;)

Status
Not open for further replies.