Police Action in Capotillo - Video

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Not sure exactly what to comment here... their actions are funny, sad, and understandable... all at the same time

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a3STyDCon5U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a3STyDCon5U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
If you replace the sound track with the "Keystone Cops" music it works.

It looks like a dangerous job to me though....

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Exactly... funny to watch, sad that they're not better trained/equipped for their job, and therefore fully understandable that they reacted as they did in a dangerous situation.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
That was Funny!! I thought DNCD was a highly trained tactical police unit, lol. They should be ashamed of themselves, hahahaha!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I realize in watching the video that these guys are armed, bullet proof vests, and are apparently heading into a dangerous situation. To me, that indicates a willingness to risk their lives to go after 'the bad guys' & that in itself takes a lot of bravery (or stupidity).

Ignoring the inherent risk, there is an element of humor to see them go running willy nilly around a corner only to turn around and flee back in the direction they came from in a similarly disorganized fashion. (had it appeared someone was injured or killed, it would not have been humorous)

But, Badpiece, isn't that where the training comes in (or should)? Would a well trained unit go running blindly around a corner like that? While retreating, there's one man that holsters his pistol, then takes it out again... others appear to be pointing weapons at their own people during retreat. Overall, it appears the work of a poorly trained force.

I've never been a soldier or a law enforcement officer... I appreciate those that do the work, risking their lives. It's just a shame to me that these men risking their lives aren't better trained than they appear in this video.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
The way they ran around the corner haphazardly and then turning around with their tails between their legs was Hilarious!! In the video, even the people watching thought it was funny. They were not prepared and the simple fact that they ran around a "blind corner" without thinking and then turning their exposed backs to the sound of gunfire, shows they need additional training.

Disclaimer: my personal opinion, I am not an expert, never was in a firefight, but the tactical firearms training received at Blackwater USA, tought me NEVER EVER TO DO THAT!!!!

TheMindFrame

Mar 4, 2009
It IS funny, I'm tired of seeing these guys swaggering about like a bunch of undisciplined cowboys. As a former paratrooper, this video shows exactly what the end product of your training is NOT supposed to look like. No one tried to cover the retreat, no one tried to find out where the fire was coming from, no one seemed to be in charged. It's not "jaja" funny but the irony makes it hard not to smirk.

Reactions: Adrian Bye