2nd medical exam..re Immigration Canada

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
Do you know how long it could be when the second medical is done and passeport is dropped in the same day to have some news about the visa???

My husband went to redoo is medical on the form that Haiti send him. On the same day, he returned the medical and his passeport at santo domingo's embassy. This was october 5.

It's been two weeks now.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
it could be anytime from now upto another 2-3 weeks.

if you dropped the medical and passport on the 5th which was a monday...it would have left for haiti on the tuesday or thursday in the diplomatic courier. it takes 3-5 days to arrive in haiti...time for processing and the same to return.

in total it could take 2-5 weeks but likely will only be another week or so.

the medical only takes a few days to arrive in Haiti...probably about the same time as the passport takes to arrive there.

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
Haiti informed me that the medical sent by the doctor is going to Port-of-spain.
then, the results are going to Port-au-prince. I dont know if they call them to say everything is ok, or they need to send some papers.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
That is correct. The medicals go to Port of Spain and then are forwarded to Haiti.

Others have said that if the medical forms are pre-done by Haiti then the results arrive in Haiti much faster (usually only a few days).

I know of some couples that had their e-cas change to say medicals received within 3 days of having the 2nd medical done.

You are almost there!!

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
I reveived an email this morning confirming that they received the medicals of my husband, but they are asking why we did'nt sent them the medics for his 2 children.

On sept 23, I asked the lady in Haiti that since the 2 children are not coming to canada with my husband, are they still needing to take the second medical.

She answered me : NO.

And now, she is saying that they need them because if not, they will never be able to come to canada.

WHAT IS THAT.

They will not travel for the next year as visitors either, so as we know a medic is good 1 year, what is the point???????????????????

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING WRONG!

Sweetkiwi

Jul 16, 2009
That sucks missrnb. It always seems like the right hand is never aware of what the left hand is doing. I wish they would get their act together. This misinformation is going to further delay your reunion. But hey, keep hanging on. These little annoyances don't compare to the fact that you will soon be with your husband. :)

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
Ok,

I just wrote back to Haiti with the response they gave me on sept 23.

They answered me right away that the visa will be in the next diplomatic courrier (thursday) and that they will no insist for the second medical for the children!!!!!!

POR FIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

MERCI THAK YOU GRACIAS!

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
Ok,

I just wrote back to Haiti with the response they gave me on sept 23.

They answered me right away that the visa will be in the next diplomatic courrier (thursday) and that they will no insist for the second medical for the children!!!!!!

POR FIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

MERCI THAK YOU GRACIAS!

Congrats!!!! All the best to you and your husband.

Salud!
Sandy

Ellie2008

Aug 8, 2008
finally you can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! I am so happy for you.

Congrats!!! And all the best to you and your husband.

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
I guess I should be more clear - often you've gotten a phone call or email letting you know to pick up the passport before it changes on there - I think it takes a bit of time to update that so I wouldn't stress too much that it hasnt' changed - sounds like you are very very close. Hang in there!!

Barbie38

Apr 15, 2009
eCAS is update weekly on Monday so if it hasn't been completed that Monday it may take a full week to appear as 'decision made'. Not to worry it will change SOON muy pronto! Congratulations!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
In our case, the decision made status changed 3 days after they called us to drop off the passport. Coincidently or not...I am not sure but that was the same day the visa was issued/printed.

The e-cas status change happened on a Thursday.

After we arrived in Canada, the status changed again to say Landed on April 16, 2009 at Pearson International Airport.

As Kacy said, for some it never changes.

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
Nothing has change yet...

Yesterday I received a response to my email of monday...who someone else had already answer positively on monday.

This second email wasnt clear at all so now, i'm wondering if the visa was sent today.

Yesterday I asked for a confirmation...nothing...

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
FINALY...........

My husband got the call!

He needs to be at the Embassy in Santo Domingo, monday at 9:00!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just cant beleive it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!