Tinacas

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
Can someone give me an idea of the prices on certain sizes of tinacas. Also, I remember seeing a thread about cleaning them being a problem. Is there a size to get to make cleaning easier? Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
TINAJAS OR TINACOS...ONE OR THE OTHER...

Tinacos are those big plastic tanks you see on folk's roofs..

HB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Tinajas, in case anyone was wondering, are large earthenware water jugs, like amphoras.

Sep 22, 2009
TINAJAS OR TINACOS...ONE OR THE OTHER...

Tinacos are those big plastic tanks you see on folk's roofs..

HB

"Tinacom" is a brand name. The Dominicans say it fast, like many other words, so the "m" is left silent.

It's like says "Fridge". The name originates from the brand name "Fridgedaire" (sp).

?

? bient?t

Tinajas, in case anyone was wondering, are large earthenware water jugs, like amphoras.

Tinajas: do they still exist? We had one before we had a nevera, and it kept the water cool.

I'm so old: I was selling abrigos en la Duarte by the time FSM invent? el frio.

Sep 22, 2009
"Tinacom" is a brand name. The Dominicans say it fast, like many other words, so the "m" is left silent.

It's like says "Fridge". The name originates from the brand name "Fridgedaire" (sp).

Could be wrong about the origin of the name Tinaco. The brand is definitely Tinacom, but not aware if the name "tinaco" existed before the Brand name.

The Tinajas were the older ball-shaped fiberglass water tank models.

?

? bient?t

Could be wrong about the origin of the name Tinaco. The brand is definitely Tinacom, but not aware if the name "tinaco" existed before the Brand name.

The Tinajas were the older ball-shaped fiberglass water tank models.

Fiberglass? We had a clay tinaja before fiberglass was ever invented.

Sep 22, 2009
Fiberglass? We had a clay tinaja before fiberglass was ever invented.

Yes. But they, in fact refer to the fiberglass models as Tinajas.

BTW, you do realize you are stating you were alive before the invention of fiberglass. Fiberglass was developed in 1938 by Owens Corning.