DR government & organizations and education: Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Over the years, I picked up links to government related offices, agencies, and organizations as posted here and there and tossed them into a bookmark folder as they came.
Just these days, in a local news channel there was a discussion about DR government and how many "ministries" (actually, these are "Secretarias", instad) the local government has; allegedly over 150! I couldn't help but wonder if I had the links to ALL of them by now. So I set my mind to organizing them.
I have "only" close to 130 government agencies and closely related organizations listed. Now they're neatly organized and grouped. So, if you ever wondered how to look'em up, here they are:

Last edited:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
Government Secretarias (ministries), agencies, offices, departments and institutes:

Reactions: Tamborista

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
Government linked (or claiming) or of interest Organizations & Associations:

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
When I posted this thread last February, Puerto Plata had a website too
http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/85423-puerto-plata-new-website.html

but www.gobernacionpuertoplata.com appears to have expired in September :ermm:.

and the Cabarete one looks like it's down too. But they could both come back, I guess.

I did not include that POP site as it, as you found, is not "on" anymore and does not follow the pattern of web addresses used by municipal agencies in general (*.gov.do). I will keep an eye out anyway.
There are several sites I posted which are under construction but have an adequate address.
One I posted, is actually hacked! If you find it (I don't remember which one) and open it, it only says "Hacked by S. W. A. T. ". :pirate:

Some secretaries of state don't yet have a published internet presence.
Others which are not even listed on GOV-Directorio Virtual Del Estado Dominicano I found having a web site.
I will later on post a list which is sorted differently and ought to make it easier to find the appropriate web site (if it exists).

The TV news claim that there are 152 ministries is semi wrong. I would seem that secretaries of state (Secretaria de Estado De ...) are more of less what people would refer to as ministries. There are "only" a few dozens of these. But there is a good number of "Direccion General De...", "Oficina De..." and "Instituto Nacional De...". Their total sum does come dangerously near to 150, especially when one takes into account that some still don't have a published internet presence (I got over 130 posted above under "GOV").
Interesting too is, that many offices, secretaries and institutes seem to double and triple up areas of interests which one would think would be taken care of by either one department.
Anyways, not exact science.

Thanks! ... J-D.

ericawill

Jan 13, 2011
I have question conserning your goverment and hope to get a reply back as soon as possible....I am U.S. Citzen with DR boyfriend we have met on line and would like to be with one another. However my goverment says that i need to contact yout agancy to put in a person request..I would like to no how that works and what alll i need to do to get him to me. Please Respond as soon as possible.

Reactions: waytogo
Status
Not open for further replies.