Water (or lack of) in Pueblo Bavaro

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
For the last few weeks the water has been gone more and more. I'd become accustomed to having no water each night (typically after 10 or 11 PM) but it was always back on in the morning. Now it's gone a lot during the daytime as well.

Is this just one of the "pleasures" of living in "paradise"?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
For the last few weeks the water has been gone more and more. I'd become accustomed to having no water each night (typically after 10 or 11 PM) but it was always back on in the morning. Now it's gone a lot during the daytime as well.

Is this just one of the "pleasures" of living in "paradise"?

This is what happens when you slowly deplete the natural water table. It cannot replenish qiuck enough, so the void is filled with salt water, this is why some hotels on the east coast have to have desalination plants.

The problem comes from rapid unplanned development on the east coast. It's an environmental disaster.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Awesome... I love disasters!
Me too....kinda. That is until my team has to respond.

Get a tinaco, an R.O. unit and learn how to maintain water so it's good to drink.

I keep 10 cases of bottled water on hand so dehydration is always days away...I also keep purification liquids/tabs, a couple of filters (straws, sport bottle filters etc)...and I recommend Aquamira products...

You can find them online.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the whole spring and summer 2009 been bonedry, all water reservoirs are emptied, like Rovert said, it is a disaster and the area is still fast growing, by far not finished to bring more people in.
the Tinaco is a solution if you have a water filled hole in the garden with a pump down there to get that up and fill the tinaco, nothing of such in the residents here, they have one central watersydtem for the whole pueblo bavaro, and they urgently need to work on it.
in Higuey you call one of the numerous watersuppliers and they send you a truck to fill the Tinaco, not in Bavaro.
Mike

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Thought I'd give a quick update. Water is back full force now. From what I'm told, they were repairing a pump... which explains the frequent outages. Water hasn't gone out in a couple of weeks now and the pressure is awesome.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
In lieu of starting a new thread I though I'd just update this one. Water is pretty scarce these days in Pueblo Bavaro. It's been totally out for the better part of a full day and before that it's been rather intermittent for weeks.

Anyone know if this is a widespread Bavaro/Punta Cana issue or just us lucky folks in Pueblo Bavaro?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it is a sole pueblo bavaro problem.
they have or at least should have their own water supply, and they gget paid big bucks for that service by the people living/renting in pueblo bavaro. for me it is absolutely ununderstandeable that the property owners and renters there could still not pressure the suppliers/renters to a soulution which works.
without 24/7 water to shower and use the bathroom i would not spend any money on a rental and sure not think about to buy something there then.
this been a ole thread and it sounds they did not solve anything since then, poor sign of reputation.
cheers
mike

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
As of noon yesterday the water has been back. (Although we still have the nightly outages after midnight until morning which I suspect is done on purpose to save money).

Turns out the recent outages were planned although I don't know exactly what they were doing.