Traveling information needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigmac10802

Oct 21, 2009
Members of the Board:

I am petitioning you for help as I will be coming to Sosua in 3 days. I have been to Sosua before but it is my intention to broaden my horizons. That said, I would like to visit Cabarete Beach and also Cristals/Blackbeards in Puerta Plata. My original plan was to rent a car for one day so that I could accomplish these tasks. However, I must admit, I am a little uncomfortable with the prospect of driving at night in a place that is unfamiliar to me.

Here is where I need some guidance.

1) I would like to know where I can catch the publico going to/from Cabarete and also how much it should cost.

2) I need to know where I can catch a publico going to Puerto Plata and will it put me close to either Cristals or Blackbeards. I also need to know what the cost of the publico will be.

3) I need to know how much a cab will cost from either Blackbeards to Cristals or viceversa.

4) How far is Cristals from Blackbeards.

5) How much is the fare (on Metro) from Sosua to Santo Domingo and what is the schedule.

Thanks in advance for your much needed assistance!

The Mac Man

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Members of the Board:

I am petitioning you for help as I will be coming to Sosua in 3 days. I have been to Sosua before but it is my intention to broaden my horizons. That said, I would like to visit Cabarete Beach and also Cristals/Blackbeards in Puerta Plata. My original plan was to rent a car for one day so that I could accomplish these tasks. However, I must admit, I am a little uncomfortable with the prospect of driving at night in a place that is unfamiliar to me.

Here is where I need some guidance.

1) I would like to know where I can catch the publico going to/from Cabarete and also how much it should cost. On the main road, just wave your hand and they will stop

2) I need to know where I can catch a publico going to Puerto Plata and will it put me close to either Cristals or Blackbeards. I also need to know what the cost of the publico will be.

3) I need to know how much a cab will cost from either Blackbeards to Cristals or viceversa.

4) How far is Cristals from Blackbeards.

5) How much is the fare (on Metro) from Sosua to Santo Domingo and what is the schedule.

Thanks in advance for your much needed assistance!

The Mac Man

Nothing that you asked is expensive...the bus to Santo Domingo (Metro or Caribe Toru) Is probably 350 from up in Sosua...

Be safe.

HB

RUBIO4U

Apr 1, 2008
Getting around

Getting around down there isn't that bad. You are correct, that driving down here, even in broad daylight is very dangerous. Have you considered a hired driver? I live down here and know of several drivers who would take you where you need to go. They speak English, have good vehicles and have good reputations. If interested, simply PM me.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
You can catch the public car across from the Texaco station in Sosua to go to Cabarete and ask them to stop wherever you want to get off. I get off at the Bon Ice Cream shop and walk through to the beach. Sorry I can't remember if it's 20 or 30 pesos, but do have exact change with you. To return to Sosua, flag down the car that says Sosua/Puerto Plata. If you are alone, hold up one finger, two people 2 fingers, that way if they have room they stop for you. Few stops along the way; takes maybe 15 minutes.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:
Take the plunge. Driving between, Cabarate, Sosua and Puerto Plata is really not that difficult, even at night. Rent the car, drive around during the day and you will be familiiar with the roads at night. Don't be in a hurry and use your side view mirrors before turning.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.