Krispy Kreme Coming To DR

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
can someone tell me how much are KK doughnuts in USA? i found some info on the internet about a dozen for 6.75 which is quite cheap. i expect that in DR they would be very expensive.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
cinnabons

are already here... for the real white sugar white flour empty calorie fix

but wow Krispy Kreme!!

I do not know why it is that none of the baked goods here are tempting when CERTAINLY they have a firm grip on SUGAR and WHITE flour...

please inform of first sighting......

and remember that Hagan Daz sells for about $10 a pint here.

so price is not an object when it comes to sugar.... (I did see that the ALBA nations were proposing that Sugar be the alternative currency for the dollar...SERIOUSLY!!)

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Last week my girlfriend purchased a box of 9 small Cinnabuns in the Capital. It was 700 D.P. OUTRAGIOUS She said since I asked her to pick them up I already knew the price. I should be glad it wasn't 2000...she would have paid that.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
KK???

NOW we're talking!

I love me some Krisky Kreme...:cheeky:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I had to google it. :(

I was in SD over the weekend and noticed some new places like Quiznos on Lincoln, a new Chef Pepper's on Sarasota and a couple more.

Aug 21, 2007
Pretty soon Dominicans will be as overweight as the Americans who produce and market this so-called food.

And, sad to say, I am an American.

Lindsey

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I was on the road the other day and needed something "Low-Fat" to go with my just average Dunkin Donuts coffee, so I got me a "Low-Fat" Blueberry muffin.

It only had 450 calories and 10 grams of fat, imagine if I went full fat, only 510 cal/16g fat!

Me thinks their muffins are cupcakes in disguise, a donut is actually better.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
That's surprising considering this, and I know the krispy kreme in long island went out of business, and they used to always be packed.

LOS ANGELES — Shares of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. (KKD) slid 16 percent to an all-time low on Thursday as investors fretted that the once high-flying doughnut chain may be headed for bankruptcy, analysts said.

Krispy Kreme, hard-hit by sluggish doughnut sales and a Securities and Exchange Commission (search) accounting probe, warned this week of a possible cash crunch if it is not able to secure additional funding by the end of March.

"One of the ultimate threats is to force the company into bankruptcy," said Morningstar Inc. analyst Carl Sibilski. "It's definitely on the table."

A Krispy Kreme spokeswoman declined to comment. The company this week said it was slashing 25 percent of its staff outside retail outlets. It also sold its corporate jet to cut costs.

The company's stock, once a Wall Street darling, has lost over 80 percent of its value in the last year.

Last month, Krispy Kreme averted defaulting on a $150 million credit facility after its lenders agreed to give it until March 25 to prepare its financial statements. But by that time, Krispy Kreme said, it will need additional credit to fund its operations.

One of the problems facing investors, Sibilski said, is that it is unclear how much money Krispy Kreme may have to put up to cover bad loans to franchisees.

"We know exactly how much they are on the hook for officially, but through back door agreements we don't know," Sibilski said.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
I guess the bailout worked for them, because when I remember reading about the kk in long island, I figured that would be the end of them. They apparently are a sort of a Lazerus.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
That's surprising considering this, and I know the krispy kreme in long island went out of business, and they used to always be packed.

LOS ANGELES ? Shares of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc. (KKD) slid 16 percent to an all-time low on Thursday as investors fretted that the once high-flying doughnut chain may be headed for bankruptcy, analysts said.

Krispy Kreme, hard-hit by sluggish doughnut sales and a Securities and Exchange Commission (search) accounting probe, warned this week of a possible cash crunch if it is not able to secure additional funding by the end of March.

"One of the ultimate threats is to force the company into bankruptcy," said Morningstar Inc. analyst Carl Sibilski. "It's definitely on the table."

One of the reasons it is a good idea to put a link rather than copy/paste the article is due to copyright issues. The other ...............is that folks can see this article was dated February 10 2005 :cheeky:

It could be one or two things have happened to the markets in the intervening four and a half years..............;)
FOXNews.com - Krispy Kreme Stocks Hit New Low on Bankruptcy Fears - Business And Money | Business News | Financial News

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
don't forget the coffee. it's a great way to start your morning, KK and coffee !!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
One of the reasons it is a good idea to put a link rather than copy/paste the article is due to copyright issues. The other ...............is that folks can see this article was dated February 10 2005 :cheeky:

It could be one or two things have happened to the markets in the intervening four and a half years..............;)
FOXNews.com - Krispy Kreme Stocks Hit New Low on Bankruptcy Fears - Business And Money | Business News | Financial News

The Tragedy of Krispy Kreme - Yahoo! Finance

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
KK is part of my youth. They were in Atlanta since the mid-50's serving their yummy goodness. Excellent product, nothing like a hot KK just out of the fryer...

Dunno much about the mega expansion, but it looks like they screwed the pooch. Faulty biz plan?

And IMO one needs occasional "comfort foods." Life with just bean sprouts, pine bark and tofu seems like...survival school. No thanks.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007

Yeah my point exactly a few years ago, I had counted them down and out, and for them to have rebounded to the point that they are expanding to the D.R. I find it amazing to happen so quickly, as I said a bit of a Lazerus act.

Sep 22, 2009
Pretty soon Dominicans will be as overweight as the Americans who produce and market this so-called food.

And, sad to say, I am an American.

Lindsey

Apparently one who has never been to the Bronx or Washington Heights.

And I can't believe that there is someone who doesn't love a KK! I have run the NYC Marathon 3 times and I LOVE to woof down a dozen! LOL

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Krispy Kreme has received a rough ride in Canada. We do like our Tim Horton's doughnuts. I personally found Krispy Kreme doughnuts too sweet. No offence meant.
:bunny::bunny: