All alone in Idaho

30Taina

Oct 21, 2009
I am new to dr1.com.
I am wondering if there are any Dominicans in Boise, ID or if is just me out here en el campo de papas?

?

? bient?t

Idaho? Ruby Ridge y papas: brave, very brave.

What's next, Dominicans in Nanortalik, Greenland?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I feel for you.Even I would not want to be in Idaho! How in the world did you get there?

LOL Annie, only another born-and-bred New Yorker would understand that so thoroughly. I've lived in a Jersey Shore beach town on a barrier island since 1980 [2 blocks to ocean, 2 blocks to bay] and I'm still not used to it. I'm like the song "I was born in the city......concrete under my feet...." and our kids grew up with sand in their shoes.

Which is why I love Santo Domingo. I'm one of those weird people who feel safer in cities. When I'm in Manhattan I feel alive. My husband counts the seconds until he can get out of there....

korejdk

Bronze
Dec 29, 2006
dios mio, please forgive me god, being mean is not my intention but I'd rather be working on a motoconcho on Santiago then working 9 to 5 in Iowa....but then, since I don't know the area that well, there could be undiscovered gems...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Those of you that have spent time in Idaho can make legit comments, those that haven't really have no basis for negative comments. I'm not a big fan of Boise but Northern Idaho is beautiful. Great camping, fishing, swiming...etc. Prices for food, beer...etc are great. MORE Millionaires per capita than any state.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
LOL Annie, only another born-and-bred New Yorker would understand that so thoroughly. I've lived in a Jersey Shore beach town on a barrier island since 1980 [2 blocks to ocean, 2 blocks to bay] and I'm still not used to it. I'm like the song "I was born in the city......concrete under my feet...." and our kids grew up with sand in their shoes.

Which is why I love Santo Domingo. I'm one of those weird people who feel safer in cities. When I'm in Manhattan I feel alive. My husband counts the seconds until he can get out of there....

Ditto, I came to Manhattan for a week from Vegas to do a quick job and I really have enjoyed this 6 days over here, although Manhattan can really stress you if you don't know how to handle it. Eso de vivir en campitos pa' casa el carajo tampoco es pa' mi.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Big Sky etc

I confess that I just drove through Idaho. I did spend some weeks in Montana where some good friends live and I confess that the Big Sky only scared me. I kept thinking a posse was going to ride out from behind a hill and start shooting up the place. So I guess the home where the buffalo roam is not for me.

I am not a complete city person, having lived up on a mountain in North Carolina for 14 years. I do love the country and camping but I guess it the multi cultural aspects of a city that attract me.

Idaho always stuck in my mind since it was the state where the White supremecists were staking out as a homeland but we followed the city of Coeur D'Ilaine (sp_?) which ran a very proactive campaign against them with posters and billboards saying Coeur D'Illaine is for Everyone with lots of multi colored people on it.

And, as you say, the summers are very hot and the winters are very cold.. it just seemed a strange place for a Dominican to end up.... I was only sympathizing with the OP

30Taina

Oct 21, 2009
Is not that bad!
At least I dont have to worry about being killed or raped. With the exception of the "Clan".
So I guess the answere is NO. Yo estoy en carajo landia sola!

30Taina

Oct 21, 2009
dios mio, please forgive me god, being mean is not my intention but I'd rather be working on a motoconcho on Santiago then working 9 to 5 in Iowa....but then, since I don't know the area that well, there could be undiscovered gems...

Primeramentes es IDAHO not IOWA.

30Taina

Oct 21, 2009
Those of you that have spent time in Idaho can make legit comments, those that haven't really have no basis for negative comments. I'm not a big fan of Boise but Northern Idaho is beautiful. Great camping, fishing, swiming...etc. Prices for food, beer...etc are great. MORE Millionaires per capita than any state.

Thank you!