Mailing medication from DR to New York

videofrank

Oct 23, 2009
I did do a search but nothing really came up.

I have a friend in DR that wants to send his mother here in New York some medication. I was wondering if there was a reliable postal system in DR. Can he just go to a "post office" and send it via snail mail to me here in NY? Or does he have to send it via Fed Ex or UPS?

Thanks in advance.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Never get past Customs without a prescription; and maybe not even then...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I have posted meds from DR to Florida and they got through just fine. The previous owner of our old house wanted some slimming pills she couldn't get in the US so asked me to get in the DR. One lot went via DR's ordinary snail mail system and the second lot were taken to UK & posted from there, ordinary airmail. It was Xmas so I taped the blister packs inside a thick Xmas card to stop them rattling around and becoming tempting to feeling fingers. This was 8-9 years ago so I don't know whether the advent of more recent legislation on the US side would make this problematic (either security legislation or DR-CAFTA). It wasn't something I bothered asking at the time.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Never get past Customs without a prescription; and maybe not even then...

Not advisable but I managed to enter the US with 4 bottles of Dilantin, of course I had my prescription, nobody asked anything about it, although there could be a first time.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Not advisable but I managed to enter the US with 4 bottles of Dilantin, of course I had my prescription, nobody asked anything about it, although there could be a first time.

Have went back many times with amoxicillia, etc in the suitcase. But I only hand carry. Never declared never checked

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I assumed the OP meant legally.

No doubt undeclared stuff gets through all the time.