if you are denied...re Immigration Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
Hi everyone,

I would like to tell you that we are now trying to reach all the persons that got denied to tell their story. We think that the way its working is not fair and not professional. Please, if you want to change the situation and declare how your case was treated, send me your story by PM because I already have a lawyer waiting for cases like mine to prove it to the Ministere of immigration. I think of all the persons who got the denied in April and October: lisa.jensen, Cathay, MGB, laurar, _________ and ____________.

Did I have the correct persons? I know they are two others who got the denied in April. So please contact me if you want this to change... at least for the ones who will pass through this.

Coco

Last edited by a moderator:

sandra65

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 7, 2009
I'm really sorry coco 55. I just looked at your timelines and you were waiting for a long time! Good luck with the legal procedure, you should at least appeal your case and then see if you can do something as a group.

missrnb

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 26, 2009
Coco is still in process.

I think she is trying to do something before being denied.

Good luck to all.

I will sure help you with my story even if it ended good...because the process was so ugly!

twillis

Jun 22, 2009
Good luck you guys. Any of us still waiting can join this fight and fill in the blanks at any time. That is the scariest part of all this. So much pain and angst in this process.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
2 Things that I think are important to know with regard to refusals.

First: Knowledge of IRPA, if the person is simply denied because they do not satisfy the officer, yet they aren't deemed inadmissable there are grounds for appeal. However if they have a criminal history, you might have to wait a few years till they can recieve a pardon. Otherwise you may wind up fighting a losing battle.

Second, and most important: procedural fairness, basically if a visa officer is going to deny someone based on a doubt, they have to give the applicant or the sponsor the opportunity to clear these doubts. If someone gets refused because they did not provide sufficient evidence, the officer has to give the opportunity for the applicant to provide more evidence. If you are denied, you have the right to recieve the reasons, and other information regarding your file through ATIP, if you find that they did not give you an opportunity to respond to your concers, you can appeal - however a better approach may be to write a friendly letter stating that you were not given the opportunity to respond to concerns, include your reasons or evidence, and ask them to reconsider, and that if need be you will make an Application for Leave and Judicial Review to the federal court to hear your case. It does happen that they do not contact the applicant with concerns that can be easily cleared up, and the person is rubber stamped refused - this however is not procedurally fair, and is grounds for an appeal. The appeal usually doesn't reverse an application, it puts the application for redertimination by a different officer.

Another important tool would be to have access to previous court decisions which may set precedents. If you happen to find a case similar to yours, you can state as in Mr John vs. CIC, Section X of IRPA wasn't given full interpretation, or the officer erroneously interpreted X, etc. etc.

Best advice is to be kind, be honest, thorough, and patient. If you've done all that, and it still doesn't work, take it to court.

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
thank you El uruguayo!

Thats exactly what we dont understand cause in the caips notes the agent wrote that we have a lot of proofs (50 types of proofs) and theyre good ... but she doesnt believe us.

So, im wondering if she didnt tell us to provide more proofs of the relationship, whats going on? She will deny us for a bad feeling reading our case?

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
If you haven't received an answer yet, and she did not request more proof. It would probably be a good idea to do so anyways, stating that you had read the CAIPS notes, and being that she did not believe the evidence before her, you decided to take it appon yourself to submit more proof. You can send evidence of communication, testimonials, more photos, more trip receipts etc - include a letter stating that if there is more evidence needed, or any specific type of evidence to inform you what you may be able to supply. Technically if she doesnt believe you, she is supposed to give you the opportunity to respond to her concerns, however, since she did not, be proactive. Also make sure to request a confirmation that the documents were received and looked at. If worse comes to worse you have case in that she was not procedurally fair, and did not give you the chance. Unfortunately, in many cases it comes down to a gut feeling that the particular officer may have, but there are procedures to follow - if they don't follow them, you have strong grounds for an appeal - on occasion it may be conceded to allow another officer to redetermine the file before it spends time in court.

But again, if the CAIPS notes aren't showing positive signs, prepare a barrage of evidence for an iternview. That's the best you can do at this point. No point in appealing yet, and requesting further caips notes or adding more documents to the file will slow things down - do it in one shot, and see what happens.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Coco,

Is the information in your CAIPS notes from after your interview?

If so, did you get to see her thoughts on the interview...

Is that where she said she didn't believe you or was that from the prescreening stage?

Sangria

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
Is the information in your CAIPS notes from after your interview? yes

If so, did you get to see her thoughts on the interview... my husband told me that she wasnt convinced after the interview but she will check the proofs that he brought.

Is that where she said she didn't believe you or was that from the prescreening stage?

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
In other words, she told us that she wasnt satisfed with our relation.

She wrote in the caips notes that he was very nervous, knew all the answers by memory, that were are one of the most desequilibrated couples cause i went to university and my husband has his secondary and that shes not convinced but we had a lot of proofs well prepared.

Barbie38

Apr 15, 2009
Coco

That is very dishartening for many of us as I'm sure most have more eduction than there spouses. That is to be expected when they are coming from a country where education is different and many can't afford it. Is there an age difference for the two of you? Just curious as I find sometimes it is like putting together a puzzle and it isn't just one thing that sends of a 'red flag' in a file but a number of things all put together. I can't imagine should could write a denial solely based on the difference in education.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Coco's wasn't your husband asked to re-do his medical? Why do you go on as if he was denied? It's not likely they would ask him to re-do a medical if they are going to deny him.

The education difference is not a reason for denial, if it was, well never mind I won't go there.

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
I have 5 years more than my husband and we didnt have any sign of haiti after the interview (agust 3). So they never contacted us to redo the medical. The comments we have are the notes of the agent matas after the interview. Thats the only information we have for now. Were just hoping that she will believe in our relationship and forget about her notes to concentrate on the 50 proofs we sent!!!

coco55

*** Sin Bin ***
Apr 25, 2009
The difference i can see, barbie38, is that i met my dominican husband when i was ending my wedding with other man from quebec. Im the bad one. LOL

First, i thought it would be a great proof for my dominican husband cause if he wanted to used me for the visa, he would have choose a single woman or divorced woman. But it seems that theyre are doing this situation the problem... i think.

kacy

Feb 3, 2008
That's a good way to think - you'd think if they were going to say no they would have sent something by now - so fingers crossed she's rethinking it with the new information you've submitted. for those that they told they wanted more proof at the interview they often gave 90 days so maybe they'll provide some form of communication after that time has elapsed. Maybe its time to use your MP? I feel for you - given how long its been with no response - I"m sending positive thoughts your way.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This thread went way off topic. If you have been denied send a personal message to the original poster.

Thank

Status
Not open for further replies.