Different routes from Puerto Plata to Barahona

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
HI . Is is possible or advisable to go from Dajabon to SanJ uan via Pedro Santana along the border by motorcycle? IS there even a road? Does it go into Haiti?

ALternatively can you go From Mao to San Jose de las Matas to San Juan through the mountains? This seems like a good adventure if its possible.

ANy help would be appreciated

I plan to retune via Hwy 41 to Constanza & Jarabacoa etc

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yes there is. You go to Dajabon, Restauracion and down south. You do need to check with the army posts there so they know you are on the road. Take your water and emergency food with you, JIC.

Otherwise, it is quite doable in a day, a bit more than half a day really. I understand that the bridges are all concrete now so that makes it a lot easier than it was 45 years ago...when they were logs running parallel to the road....scary...

I would not advise any route across the mountains unless you have a small group. That is wild country..

HB

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Yes there is. You go to Dajabon, Restauracion and down south. You do need to check with the army posts there so they know you are on the road. Take your water and emergency food with you, JIC.

Otherwise, it is quite doable in a day, a bit more than half a day really. I understand that the bridges are all concrete now so that makes it a lot easier than it was 45 years ago...when they were logs running parallel to the road....scary...

I would not advise any route across the mountains unless you have a small group. That is wild country..

HB

Wow Fantastic information. I reallly want to do the route through the mountains. So do you think that if I go with a couple of other motercycles we can make it. ( Bringing exta tires etc.) Maybe I will go with my wife and her brothers on their motor.