Punta Cana - London Gatwick or Heathrow??

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Hi

I am looking for the best deal for a good friend from Punta Cana mid Dec to London Heathrow, She has to be back in Punta Cana by Jan 5th but believe it will be more economical to return before the New year.

British Airways and Air France are really more than she would like to pay, I suggested going via the States and got her a price of around 1220 American Dollars.

If there are any good deals from POP or Santo Domingo i would be interested to know as it only costs about 100 Dollars to fly to the north of the island and may well be worth it if the saving is good.

Does anyone know of any good deals i would be grateful to know.

Thank you

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Try this link PUJ to Brussels & then find a carrier to London Heathrow.

Cheap tickets :: Jetairfly.com : Euro 700 (ish) round trip seems 'Reasonable' but it might go down (or up depending on seats sold) nearer the date you require. You need to check it regularly & choose when you think it might go UP again! ~ Grahame.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Thank you, I am however having trouble finding flights from Brussels to the Uk which surprises me.

I ahve only tried Ryanair and Easyjet so far, but if anyone knows of anyone please let me know.

Thanks

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
you could try thomson standby from la romana. 250 us$ one way. Fly to gaatwick, birmingham and manchester every sunday. check out thomsonfly.com. Allthe flights leave roughly at the same time so she should get a seat on one of them.

matilda

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Thank you, I am however having trouble finding flights from Brussels to the Uk which surprises me.

I ahve only tried Ryanair and Easyjet so far, but if anyone knows of anyone please let me know.

Thanks
If you check Google you will find a whole range of things!

I put in 'flights Brussels to London Heathrow' (I think that is what you wanted) & saw a whole load of links - I chose BrusselsAir though as I remember they were cheapest from when I last did a check two years ago. The link is http://quicktrip.brusselsairlines.com/SN/search.html?_flowExecutionKey=_cEECDDC67-EECB-FEEA-9778-40AB95547340_kE3832371-9935-CA70-FD3C-130DFD064ABF

I chose the lowest fair each way (Euro 19) & up came the results shown (scroll down in the link to see them). You can go for a higher priced flight & get alternative dates & services. By the way, ......... Brussels to London by rail is 78 Euros if your friend prefers to travel by rail or go directly to the City of London!

Moral of this post?? .............. Remember Google is your friend ~ Grahame.:knockedou

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Passengers with British Passport can try to go standby with Thomson or Thomas Cook to one of UK airport, then to Heathrow is easy. (one person usually find a seat on standby)