Rental Long Term in Bavaro

Griegos13

Feb 1, 2009
Hola a todos
We are looking for LONG TERM(6+ months) in Bavaro area with theese characteristics
1.INTERNET,24Hours Electricity+Safety(prefer gated community or so),Pool

2.To be near shops,super markets,banks etc because we don t have a car

3.Mensual budget 600-700 usd INCLUDING EVERYTHING

We will be available to see it at about 10 of November
If you have something in mind please respond or pm me

Thank you in advance

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In that price range you might just be able to get something in Pueblo B?varo. Walking distance to a limited selection of shops, several restaurants, a pharmacy and a small supermarket but no banks as far as I know.

In general, B?varo is not an easy area to live in without a car - there is always something out of reach that requires a car journey.

We live in Punta Cana Village where rentals with the specifications you describe are slightly more expensive. We have 2 banks, a pharmacy, several shops and restaurants but only a small deli/minimarket.

Griegos13

Feb 1, 2009
Thank you for your reply Chirimoya(by the way does your nick means something specific because in my language reminds me almost exactly a specific girly attitude lol)
Actually will prefer El Cortecito area that i have heard it is the most organised.Is it true to your opinion ? Also there i found several options of apts(via net that is) within my budget rage
Thank you in advance for your opinion...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Chirimoya is a yucky tasting fruit also called custard apple in English with a pretty name. :)

I think quite a lot of residential areas come under "Cortecito" so it would depend which one in particular. Doesn't it get much more expensive if you're within walking distance from the beach?

michall2006

Oct 10, 2008
Be aware: the water quality in that area leaves a lot to be desired. especially in Los Corales, el cortecito, where a number of people this year suffered from Denghy. They replaced a lot of mains water pipes but the quality of the water remains suspect. Look for an apartment/ villa/ house with its own deep water well, or supply if possible. Again I wouls say that due to the criteria you are using for your search, I guess a rental of around 1000USD per month is more likely... in a good area.