What to wear

Status
Not open for further replies.

kflow11

Oct 22, 2009
I am wondering about a couple of things: 1) the year round weather in or around the POP, Sosua and Santiago areas and 2) what attire is sufficient mainly in evenings and nights. I will assume less or something really cool will be needed during the day because it will be hot. This is my first time coming (late November 2009). Please advise

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
SUMMER-CLOTHING-BEACH-WEAR-RESORT-WEAR-60028_image.jpg

something light that covers you up on your way back from the beach, try not parade flesh in the middle of town.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For Santiago: Khakis, collared shirt, shoes and socks...no back packs...shaved or trimed..Neatness is noted as is style.

For North shore, see above...

HB

kflow11

Oct 22, 2009
For Santiago: Khakis, collared shirt, shoes and socks...no back packs...shaved or trimed..Neatness is noted as is style.

For North shore, see above...

HB

ok....I have all of those pointers covered....

No cool breeze at nights or during specific months?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
after you have lived here for a while you start noticing that it does, indeed, get cold in a winter :) but a tourist will not notice. at worst long sleeve shirt will do nicely.
long pants, dress/sport shoes, polo/t-shirt/shirt will cover all your needs. on the coast you may wear flip flops and shorts.

kflow11

Oct 22, 2009
after you have lived here for a while you start noticing that it does, indeed, get cold in a winter :) but a tourist will not notice. at worst long sleeve shirt will do nicely.
long pants, dress/sport shoes, polo/t-shirt/shirt will cover all your needs. on the coast you may wear flip flops and shorts.

Thanks.....EXACT information I needed to hear. I have a beer for you if our paths cross....cheers!!

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Thanks.....EXACT information I needed to hear. I have a beer for you if our paths cross....cheers!!

I have been there at all times of year and have never required more than a light sweater coat on the coolest of nights. That being said, I have been wearing tank tops when Domincans were wearing down filled winter parkas??? If you are coming from a northern cooler climate, shorts, polo shirts, a pair khakis, dress pants and a few nice shirts will do because it will be hot for you are used to.

kflow11

Oct 22, 2009
I have been there at all times of year and have never required more than a light sweater coat on the coolest of nights. That being said, I have been wearing tank tops when Domincans were wearing down filled winter parkas??? If you are coming from a northern cooler climate, shorts, polo shirts, a pair khakis, dress pants and a few nice shirts will do because it will be hot for you are used to.

Thanks a lot....I am coming from Atlanta, GA...its mainly warm here for the most part but we have some very cold days (30 - 40 degrees) at times. that may not be cold to some but thats cold in the south :)

Status
Not open for further replies.