Entry Rates to POP Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Rates go up Monday I hear, from 3 to 5 pesos to 35 pesos.
No big deal and still a steal. Half the price of a beer. But going up nonetheless. More security of vehicles has been hired and I guess it's still a cheap place to park or enter, all things considered.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hmmmmm. That's a whopping 700% increase tflea. Do you think that 'The Management' will be getting wage increases to match? If so I want to befriend one of them!!!

I wonder why a RD $20 toll was not used as the ONE HOUR rate & then an increase for extended stay rates - say RD $35 for two hours, RD $50 for three hours etc??? Seems a fairer way to get the increased income to my sense of fair play!!

I hope the lovely men on duty in the receiving booth have loads of change ready for the RD $50 pesos notes they will be receiving? ~ Grahame.

Aug 21, 2007
I agree with extended stay rate increases. I was at the airport on Sunday for a pick up. Very few people were waiting for passengers, yet the parking lot was full. I had to park in the last, the farthest, lane.

Couldn't help but wonder who all the other cars belonged to...were they rental cars or people who have left the country for an extended amount of time?

Having said that, the 35 pesos is still a very fair price for entry.

Lindsey

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Are the tourist cards stil the same? And still $10? I bought two last timeand want to be sure I can use it. Thanks

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks Anna, didn't know that.

Still don't know how to insert smile faces or winks! Maybe after the next 500!

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Now I got to definitely buy a beer for my friends when they pick me up. 3p was just funny but now 35p !? I fully agree about some time limit implementation, but that will be too complicated for the guys in that heat !!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.