New good value restaurant in Santo Domingo

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
The other day I stumbled across a new restaurant called Filibustero. It seemed a bit empty, but everything was new and there was a ton of staff waiting around.

I went in and decided to eat there. It was awesome! The place has only been open 2-3 weeks. The menu didn't look that outstanding, but the food was all absolutely excellent and the prices extremely cheap for the quality.

Filibustero
Steakhouse and Lounge
Ave Winston Churchill
Esq Roberto Pastoriza
809-620-0111

I have no connection with them; I'm posting this because I was so surprised by the quality and cheap price; I want to see places like this stay in business. Compare it a bit to Chef Pepper.. good quality, fast, cheap.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Great location, too. Traffic could be a b!tch at certain hours, but certainly a nice area..

Good to file away.

FYI: Filibustero is one of the names Dominican historians have used to describe, almost with out any thought, pirates, privateers and adventurers.

In US history, people like William Walker are known as fillibusters. In DR history there was an incident back in 1860 when some American adventurers tried to claim the tiny little island of Alto Velo off the southern coast (they wanted the guano), but they were cast off and delivered to the US authorities..

HB