Similar to Blackbeards

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2007
Anything similar to Blackbeards on North Coast?

BB is full for dates I need, want a place to "drop off' old friend (40's) while I conduct some business and he has no desire to drive around and hoped to find something "self contained" without being all inclusive

He has never been to DR so didn't want to just dump him at hotel in Sosua, prefer one place all activities type

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
New guardens, even though I had a run in with the restaurant manager........
He's close to the beach and beaches...........
And there are enough visitors, visiting visitors to keep him busy, until he gets his footing....
Blackbeards and simular places are too confining and let's face it Sosua is gringo friendly black or white....just have the green and keep a close eye on it, like a ATM card or safe. with the key around his neck, while taking a shower or whatever, because some of his visitors are as fast as Superman...........
But if you are going to be robbed, It's better to be robbed by a pretty villian, than the brothers that have robbed me in the past, by point of gun here in Philly.....

And Flow's is the place to go, just don't approach the female's like they are street walkers. for that, you go to Clasico's or Latino's.........

And I have sent friends to Sosua alone, with no problem , and when I take them, I like it better when they leave so I can do my thing..........

May 5, 2007
Confusing answer

So does New Gardens offer same "entertainment" style as Blackbeards, or is it simply a hotel?

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
You asked for suggestions, I've been going to D R for almost 7 yrs now and have turned on a lot of newbee's and if your friend was 65yrs old or older then I would suggest Blackbeards or simuliar, if you can find simuliar........

I just realized a couple of weeks ago that I spent over half the summer in Sosua and surrounding area, with a couple of trips to Blackbeards, for the bathing suit contest and they do have good food.....

So other than my reply, which may be your answer, whether you fully understand it or not......

But you and your friend need to be able to read between the lines, or just leave him at Blackbeards............

May 5, 2007
It is a hotel that is guest friendly

Bob K

Thanks Bob, I think there are many of those

was looking for someplace that had "on site" accompaniment if needed, maybe some organized events such as Bikini Contest etc.

Just wanted a place he could hang out during day while I conducted business in La Vega for a few mornings, place he wouldn't have to take transportation from etc

Only place he has been in Caribbean is Antigua and that is so far removed from life in teh DR, I am literally going to "dump" him at hotel morning we land and then be gone for full day, then in and out for a few days, no time to show him anything and hoped I could find place where he could find pretty much anything he wanted without travelling

He is 30 yr old straight male, AI would bore him to death, so looking for someplace similar to Blackbeards, maybe offered ATV , diving etc

May 5, 2007
Why read between lines, much easier to simply present concise information

Not interested in trying to infer abstract answers, simply asked straightforward question with a request for same in reply, if that is too much, thanks but no thanks

Been to BB, enjoyed for a day or two, exactly what I wanted for him but they are booked

No need to force your opinion of Sosua,good/bad on anyone, simply inquired if something similar did exist, if you are unaware of similarities of simply unaware, I guess your reply was less then pertinent

As to your comment "just leave him at Blackbeards," maybe you might read my original post and realize I stated Blackbeards did not have availability, thus my query

I have been going to DR far longer than 7 years but never looked for an establishment as to which I now inquire,that is why I am posting: Hopefully someone will have some knowledge of what I do ask, not of what they think is the "only" solution to an inquiry, and "You and your friends need to read between the lines" is hardly a proper reply and childish, this is not a request for illegal activity or National Security

You asked for suggestions, I've been going to D R for almost 7 yrs now and have turned on a lot of newbee's and if your friend was 65yrs old or older then I would suggest Blackbeards or simuliar, if you can find simuliar........

I just realized a couple of weeks ago that I spent over half the summer in Sosua and surrounding area, with a couple of trips to Blackbeards, for the bathing suit contest and they do have good food.....

So other than my reply, which may be your answer, whether you fully understand it or not......

But you and your friend need to be able to read between the lines, or just leave him at Blackbeards............

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Just have the guy stay at a guest friendly hotel and he can have his pick of all the girls who work the streets or who hang out in front of el-flow.

Why try and find an over priced resort with overpriced girls included.

There isn't a place on the island much more user friendly than Sosua, Just put your friend in any Guest friendly hotel and he will be fine.Your friend is a big boy he only has to walk out the doors of these hotels and he will find whatever he is looking for. I would only reccomend blackbeards to an elderly man or someone who has an injury and cant get around. Way much more to do in and around Sosua for your friend,he may even forgot you brought him.

May 5, 2007
Beside the promotion of Sosua, I would guess the lack of answer to my question is there is no comparable place to Blackbraeds on North Coast

Thanks for the informed opinions

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Beside the promotion of Sosua, I would guess the lack of answer to my question is there is no comparable place to Blackbraeds on North Coast

Thanks for the informed opinions

There is a rumor that the Russians have one of these but I have never heard of anyone alive to tell the story!

May 5, 2007
No big deal

There is a rumor that the Russians have one of these but I have never heard of anyone alive to tell the story!

Actually great place in Odessa (Old USSR)

No idea what all the controversy was about this post, simply asked if something similar to BB's existed, obviously not and a few that didn't understand post get all hopped up over my not falling in love with some hotel in Sosua, been there many times and not what I was looking for

Thanks to those who could read and understand post and provided answers, both on board and via PM

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Sorry not to answer your question.... but, if I had a friend that had never seen the DR, I would take him with me, drive the mountain road to Santiago (great view), drop him off in the Monument area at Ahi bar, go do my business in La Vega, pick him up later.

Make sure he has a cell phone to call you and a map of the area, by the time you get there he will be in love.

You could try that one day.

PS, what days are you going?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Comparable to Blackbeards.. none.

The New Garden hotel is the closest you will get. There are always girls hanging around there, but there are no controls over them like you find at Blackbeards.

But your friend can easily keep himself occupied there.

You won't find another place like Blackbeards in the country (for that price)

Likewise, you won't find another disco quite like Classicos anywhere on the island either.

JD is right on the money. Nothing really simular to BB's on the Northcoast. But the New Garden will work for your friend. A few chicas will even show up around breakfast time and come and go all day. Most are regulars, know the rules, and won't cause problems.

Plenty of english speaking guys around, and the NG staff is helpfull.

Get your friend a map of Sosua and he'll be fine. And the beach is literally a left at the sidewalk, a right at the intersection and a left at the end of the strip. Unless he is extremely timid, he'll have fun exploring.

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
Closest to what your looking if it must be in PP is "Fields of Dreams". Across form Playa Dorodo, recently refurbished, much nicer (rooms, pool and grounds) than New Garden and lots of chicas hanging around the pool daily. They feed them so they come (never seen a Dominican turn down a free meal:cheeky:

I'd call it a in between solution from BB and New Garden. Around 50.00 a night (more or less). Well run and not bad location.

singletravel

wm40ish

Nov 2, 2009
DR first timer

I am heading to the DR for the 1st time and since I will only be there 2-3 days I want to maximize my time...Should I do the tour69.com thing or can I am I better off finding a local chica to spend 48 hours with and getting my own resort package? If so, how do I accomplish that without wasting a day looking or risk getting ripped off by an less than willing companion?

Any help is appreciated.

WM

May 5, 2007
We will spend three weeks doing just that, once I have finalized some business and I don't fall off the so called "tourist" road :)

He has no desire to get up each day at 5 am and hang out in Santiago while I do my thing, much prefers to spend the time at hotel/resort hat has what he wants and then we can go into Sosua, Cabarete at night. simple concept really

Sorry not to answer your question.... but, if I had a friend that had never seen the DR, I would take him with me, drive the mountain road to Santiago (great view), drop him off in the Monument area at Ahi bar, go do my business in La Vega, pick him up later.

Make sure he has a cell phone to call you and a map of the area, by the time you get there he will be in love.

You could try that one day.

PS, what days are you going?

May 5, 2007
He is medically retired NAVY SPECOPS, timid is not in play. He has a very slight shoulder injury, nothing that prevents him from doing what 10 normal men could do

He simply asked to find a place where he could hang out, maybe pick up a diving tour, ATV tour etc while I was in Santiago couple days, no big deal, doesn't need chaperone's..wee will be all over Island teh next two weeks, just thought there might be something similar to BB's where he could base himself until I got back at night, really simple if you think about it

Maybe we will give New Garden Hotel a look, thanks for the info

JD is right on the money. Nothing really simular to BB's on the Northcoast. But the New Garden will work for your friend. A few chicas will even show up around breakfast time and come and go all day. Most are regulars, know the rules, and won't cause problems.

Plenty of english speaking guys around, and the NG staff is helpfull.

Get your friend a map of Sosua and he'll be fine. And the beach is literally a left at the sidewalk, a right at the intersection and a left at the end of the strip. Unless he is extremely timid, he'll have fun exploring.

May 5, 2007
Thanks, will look at both. Doesn't have to be any particular town, just Costambar to Cabarete as I will be traveling a few days to Santiago each morning and return and would like North Coast simply for beach as opposed to inland Santiago

Thansk for the info

Closest to what your looking if it must be in PP is "Fields of Dreams". Across form Playa Dorodo, recently refurbished, much nicer (rooms, pool and grounds) than New Garden and lots of chicas hanging around the pool daily. They feed them so they come (never seen a Dominican turn down a free meal:cheeky:

I'd call it a in between solution from BB and New Garden. Around 50.00 a night (more or less). Well run and not bad location.

singletravel

May 5, 2007
Where is New Garden located?

singletravel

Status
Not open for further replies.