Looking for apartment or small house in Jarabacoa

lbs720

Jul 2, 2009
My daughter (from Minnesota) and her husband (a New York-raised Dominican) are looking for a two-bedroom apartment or house in Jarabacoa not too far from the center of town (but still quiet.) They would prefer something around $200 and would prefer a landlord that does business American-style. They will be very clean, responsible tenants. (They have dropped three otherwise very nice places because the landlords' business practices were crazy!) If anyone knows of anything, please e-mail me at stark027@umn.edu. Thanks!

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
My daughter (from Minnesota) and her husband (a New York-raised Dominican) are looking for a two-bedroom apartment or house in Jarabacoa not too far from the center of town (but still quiet.) They would prefer something around $200 and would prefer a landlord that does business American-style. They will be very clean, responsible tenants. (They have dropped three otherwise very nice places because the landlords' business practices were crazy!) If anyone knows of anything, please e-mail me at stark027@umn.edu. Thanks!

I will call a friend of mine in Jarabacoa and get back to you via PM if he has something. He seems to be very well connected and, as requested, does business like an Americano!

lbs720

Jul 2, 2009
apartment in Jarabacoa

My daughter and her husband did find a beautiful two-bedroom apartment in Jaraboa for $6,500 pesos (including electricity and water!) It has a big, beautiful balcony and a huge, lush backyard. There was no "lawyer's fee" and it is a month-to-month lease. They are very happy!

If anybody in the future is looking, a DR1 member sent me the link to a nice guesthouse that also rents furnished long-term apartments (six months lease) at reasonable prices ($220 per month for a furnished studio.) If my daughter and her husband hadn't found the other apartment, they might have gone there temporarily:

Guest-House Jarabacoa - Dominikanische Republik - Domrep

Lorenz

Jun 10, 2012
I am also looking to rent a month to month 2 bedroom apartment in Jarabacoa, near the center of town on a quiet street for RD$6500.00 to RD$7000.00 a month. I am a retired American living in Santo Domingo.