Santo Domingo October 2009

rickboz

Feb 5, 2006
Flew back in country for a quick trip to finish our Provisional Residency with Guzman. We highly recommend them as having guidance and assistance can always be of benefit.

JCE was relatively quick to get our cedulas. Glad we were told ahead of time about needing documentation of our blood types...not a common thing in the US.

The return to Immigration however was any interesting time. Walking to the offices and someone gets their car stolen from the parking lot. Go in and sit down and wait. Watching everyone that we have joined in our common quests, army and navy officers, Immigration officials, lawyers, life with the government. This must be what one endures inn the US to immigrate as well.

Our number is called and we get in to be photographed for our yellow cards...hehehe...residency cards and then are told they do not have our files. Let our representative know this and sit down again. She speaks to some officials and we wait. Did they lose our files ? Finally go back in for our photos...todo bien ! Then wait again for the cards. Finally get them and my wife's is fine but my name is misspelled. Wait again and then hear my name and get my card. We are residents !

Nice stay at the Hilton, very quiet. 18th floor...Don't look down from the elevators or your ocean view room. Taxi from the hotel to Guzman's office was expensive...must remember to call our own if we ever go back though I much preferred the Fiesta. Apolo Taxi back from Guzman's office was very reasonable though.

Watched a local fisherman paddle his inner tube out and then string a net to fish while snorkeling. Wonder what he may have caught. Watch out for sharks !

Walked up to La Nacional to get rum and coffee for our friends. Wonder what the prices are like in the liquor store...Drinks To Go.

Fun time, learned some more and can't wait to move permanently to Las Terrenas !