Hulu in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
How are the Internet speeds in Sosua?

I'll be down next week and would like to watch some of my shows or download a movie or two.

Anyone have any success with this?

Are there any options for purchasing Internet cards while visiting?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Unless you find a proxy site that works, and I have not, It will not be possible to see any programs using HULU in the DR. DSL speeds would work OK, but those types of services are generally blocked outside the US.

I do not know of any temporary internet cards you can purchase.
I also suspect that many torrents are throttled.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Go to this site AnchorFree
download the Hotspot software. It hides your IP address, so Hulu won't know that you are not in the USA. I use it in Canada to watch Hulu and it works great.

Jan 17, 2009
HotSpot doesn't work from the DR. That's what I had. It was Ok for a while, but then Hulu, the networks and other TV stations caught up with them.

smilely_lm

Oct 19, 2009
HotSpot doesn't work from the DR. That's what I had. It was Ok for a while, but then Hulu, the networks and other TV stations caught up with them.

hotspot isn't working in canada for hulu either. I tried just after this thread started, and it did work, now they know that you are using it, and won't let you in

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Thanks for the link, Mike - very interesting.

If you do the 3 month plan there is no activation fee.

If you do subscribe let me know and I will walk you through the installation process as it is a little tricky.

Their customer support is online but confusing and they don;t like to be called.

Overall I am very pleased with their service and would highly recomend them

Jan 17, 2009
When I had a PC, I used Anonymizer and paid just $20 per year. It's a bit more expensive now ($29). Unfortunately, it doesn't work with a Mac. If you're in the US you may want to call them and ask about using with Hulu and the networks. I did email them before I purchased to make sure that it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.