A very sticky wicket?

rhino r

Jan 5, 2009
Sorry for the length of this post but looking for meaningful input.
Met a beautiful Dominican, 30 yrs.old, (I was a spry 54 at the time) through a relatively legit internet service in Santiago. We spent a few days together and I then returned a couple of months later when we spent 2 weeks together travelling the island and meeting her family. On my next trip down I committed to trying to have a long term relationship. That same week I impregnated her with twins! I then spent the better part of 18 months with her in Santiago during the pregnancy and after their births on 8/28/08. At her modest urging I started the visa/green card process for her and her 3 kids. We arrived here in Utah in June. We were married in August.
In Santiago I rented a house for $1,100 monthly, moved her and her kids, brother and parents into it. Bought all household furniture/fixtures. Put her kids in bilingual school and art, swimming , dance classes etc.
I understand the underlying drive/desire of her and others who live in poverty to escape it. I understand that my ability to provide was/is a primary attraction. Her behavior has always been steady if emotional and loud at times. She has regularly lavished me with praise and more often that not initiated sex. She takes pride in being from a honest/honorable family and I never saw anything that contradicted that. She never displayed any behavior that would suggest a dishonest personality with the exception that before and initially after we met she said she had two kids, excluding the 3rd, a 12 yr old boy. She fessed up as we became serious.
Two months ago I grabbed her cell phone to look up one of her girl friends phone number to call her because my wife was feeling a bit blue/lonesome. As I scrolled through her recent calls my wife came over from the other side of the room, peering over my shoulder, I then noticed two calls to a Pedro in the DR. I did not react or question her about Pedro at the time. During my two years with her in the DR I met all of her family and girl friends, never a mention of a Pedro. A few days later I looked through her contact list on her phone, she had erased the Pedro contact (he must have been on the Contact list to have shown up by name on the Recent Call list) My experience is that Domincanas don't have platonic male friends very often. That night it seemed to me that she was very restless while trying to sleep. I am concerned that this could be an unlikely but massive hustle. Get the green card then use the babies to secure support and alimony while divorcing me. For the past two weeks I have been trying to surreptiously record her phone conversations with little to show so far. My plan is to continue this effort. I believe if I confront her she will just lie is she is deceiving me.
In closing, my wife was quasi married to a Dominican who was alcoholic and phyically abused her on occasion. When she was 8 years old her parents sent her off to live with an Aunt (for economic reasons) whose husband tried to molest her. My wife is smart, responsible and very attentive with the babies.
Me, I speak fluent spanish and am well apprised of the Sankie element.
So, what could be the innocent explanation of her calling some unknown guy in the DR multiple times? If not, what would you do? I may be able to get the Pedro phone number. Thanks for all serious responses.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
It sounds like you tried and did do the right thing. The one thing I am curious about, even being a spry 54 at the time, isn't that a little up there to start a new family?
OK, Before you jump to conclusons, and to ease your mind, why don't you just ask her. If the condition was reversed, would she confront you?

rhino r

Jan 5, 2009
yes she would and did when she found out that I had talked to a former short term girlfreind (only after that former gf had called to say that she could repay me a loan I had made to her). Her reaction was over the top accusatorial even when I offered to have her speak directly with her,I had nothing to hide). My concern with directly asking her is that she would lie if she's hiding something so my thought is to try to accumulate more info so that I could contest the approval of her green card and avoid unending grief down the road. I'm looking for a plausible explanation of how she would have reason to call some unknown man in the DR multiple times from here in the states and then remove him from her call list after she saw that I saw his name on her phone.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I'm looking for a plausible explanation of how she would have reason to call some unknown man in the DR multiple times from here in the states and then remove him from her call list after she saw that I saw his name on her phone.

I went through this same sort of thing with my wife of 25 years and there is no plausable explanation. Everytime I had a gut feeling something wasn't right...It wasn't. I know somewhat what you are going through and I feel for you. The best thing is cut your losses and move on. I did this at 55 and it wasn't easy...but you have no choice. It sounds more like you are trying to justify the phone calls, looking for a reasonable explanation. Whatever you hear from your wife, no matter how innocent she may make it sound, you will never trust her again. And the man she is calling is unknown to you, not to her.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
I have a friend who is dating this girl, I mean they are both Dominicans, he is a DP (Deported) and she is a local girl from a town near Santiago, she met an American online a few months back, a guy from the east coast, and they begin to chat online, this was while she was seeing my friend, the american guy came down to meet her and everything so, now they just got married, and have a child and she is about to leave for the states, but the problem is the following she is still seeing my friend and is planing on sending him money from the states when she gets there, the way she will hide his phone number is by putting it under a females name.

So you go do the math and see if it works for you!!!

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I dont know where to start rhino r. First of all you have created your own problems you may now have with your wife.
Your first mistake was having a baby with a girl in another country so fast.
Your second mistake was taking this girl out of a 2000 peso a month bario tin roof house and showing her how the rich stupid gringo can afford a $1100 a month castle, be serious, is this the life she was accustomed to.
Your third mistake was moving her brother and parents in to your family home. They did not respect or appreciate you for that dude, this just made them know how stupid and weak the p...y whiped gringo was.
The fourth mistake you made was to not get pedros number and call him to find out the truth. But we know the answer to that one dont we? You got that feeling in your gut that your trying to ignore, because you know the truth will ruin the fantasy life that you have been living.
A phone number is not a conviction of cheating, but you can not ignore the fact that your wife deleated that number for a reason. You know in your heart that something is not right with your wife and pedro. But unfortunatly I or no one else on dr1 will be able to tell you if your wife is playing you or not. Only your wife and old buddy pedro will be able to tell you that.
I know this is a tough time for you, but what do you expect when a guy a few years from collecting social security checks decides to impregnate and start a new family with a poor bario girl 25 years younger.
These dominican girls and their familys will lie and put on a big charade for years if they have to, just to get what they want, and they want that golden ticket, that visa, provided by you willie wanka.
Now I dont know your wife, and have no idea of knowing if she is really involved with this pedro guy,but I think your gut is trying to tell you something. I dont know about you, but mine is always right.

Reactions: badpiece33
I dont know where to start rhino r. First of all you have created your own problems you may now have with your wife.
Your first mistake was having a baby with a girl in another country so fast.
Your second mistake was taking this girl out of a 2000 peso a month bario tin roof house and showing her how the rich stupid gringo can afford a $1100 a month castle, be serious, is this the life she was accustomed to.
Your third mistake was moving her brother and parents in to your family home. They did not respect or appreciate you for that dude, this just made them know how stupid and weak the p...y whiped gringo was.
The fourth mistake you made was to not get pedros number and call him to find out the truth. But we know the answer to that one dont we? You got that feeling in your gut that your trying to ignore, because you know the truth will ruin the fantasy life that you have been living.
A phone number is not a conviction of cheating, but you can not ignore the fact that your wife deleated that number for a reason. You know in your heart that something is not right with your wife and pedro. But unfortunatly I or no one else on dr1 will be able to tell you if your wife is playing you or not. Only your wife and old buddy pedro will be able to tell you that.
I know this is a tough time for you, but what do you expect when a guy a few years from collecting social security checks decides to impregnate and start a new family with a poor bario girl 25 years younger.
These dominican girls and their familys will lie and put on a big charade for years if they have to, just to get what they want, and they want that golden ticket, that visa, provided by you willie wanka.
Now I dont know your wife, and have no idea of knowing if she is really involved with this pedro guy,but I think your gut is trying to tell you something. I dont know about you, but mine is always right.

Everything RSG says is true except I will go out on a limb here and tell you as an almost certanty your wife is playing you to the fullest and Pedro is probably the guy you think is her brother now living in the place your renting. It is almost a certanty.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Not my view exactly, but I have heard the following expressed by many a man here....

It depends on how you look at it.
Where some see a problem, others see an opportunity.
Given that in the news 76% of Dominican men admit to cheating, perhaps you need to embrace the situation.
I think you know she is banging Pedro. But Pedro is banging Diana, Julisa, Maria, Jennifer and Samantha.
If you marry a poor Dominican girl a generation younger than you - what can you expect?
This is not negative criticism.
Embrace it, my friend.
As long as she is a good mother and like most Dominicans is 'unfaithful' in a respectable fashion (does not blurt it all over town) then that is your free pass to middle aged fun par excellence.
This is your opportunity to have your family with the person you love and respect, whilst enjoying your dotage to the full.
It seems difficult for NA / European men to get over the jealousy and guilt caused by marital infidelity. But when you do come out of the cave, you will never go back.

It has been said that every man has the idealised notion of a relationship with just one woman whom he loves. Great stuff but wrong country, wrong generation, wrong epoch, zeitgeist, paradigm etc.

Do it respectfully - ie. at least make it look like you are trying not to get caught, strike the balance and live your life to the full.

Always appear hurt, shocked and generally upset when something like this happens but why not take solace in the arms, legs, personality, cocomordan of another??

I know, I am probably going to hell, but like most other people in this part of the world, I am going to have fun doing it.
For the moment I am still stuck with the guilt and jealousy thing - but I will eventually grow out of it - I hope before something similar happens to me.

just some thoughts.....

Reactions: badpiece33

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
wow

I know, I am probably going to hell, but like most other people in this part of the world, I am going to have fun doing it.
For the moment I am still stuck with the guilt and jealousy thing - but I will eventually grow out of it - I hope before something similar happens to me.

just some thoughts.....

well put my friend...you summed it up perfectly! :cheeky:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Haha...I like your style Pedro.

Badpiece is probably correct about "cousin" Pedro living in this house you're paying for.

Rhino: One approach is to continue with intel gathering (very covertly of course) and plan your exit strategy. Wouldn't let her suspect anything and when you have enough evidence then BLAM divorce her a$$, stop the green card process, etc. Did I understand all the kids are here too?

She'll probably will still stay in The US and you're probably now on the hook for child support, but at least you're not going to be taken for a fool.

Another approach as Pedro mentioned is to take it easy and understand that if you're going to have to pay child support anyway why not continue to get some. Let her know you know about Pedro and as such you now have the right to play around as you please...

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
rhino r, the answer is simple... and it's right in front of you.

What's the worst that can happen? If you can accept that, don't do anything and enjoy the ride. If not, it's time to move on.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
you know...

It has been said that every man has the idealised notion of a relationship with just one woman whom he loves. Great stuff but wrong country, wrong generation, wrong epoch, zeitgeist, paradigm etc.

Do it respectfully - ie. at least make it look like you are trying not to get caught, strike the balance and live your life to the full.

hmmm...I hope you aren't the PEDRO on this lady's cell phone contacts! LOL :cheeky:

Not my view exactly, but I have heard the following expressed by many a man here....

Given that in the news 76% of Dominican men admit to cheating, perhaps you need to embrace the situation.
I think you know she is banging Pedro. But Pedro is banging Diana, Julisa, Maria, Jennifer and Samantha.
If you marry a poor Dominican girl a generation younger than you - what can you expect?
Embrace it, my friend.
As long as she is a good mother and like most Dominicans is 'unfaithful' in a respectable fashion (does not blurt it all over town) then that is your free pass to middle aged fun par excellence.
This is your opportunity to have your family with the person you love and respect, whilst enjoying your dotage to the full.
It seems difficult for NA / European men to get over the jealousy and guilt caused by marital infidelity. But when you do come out of the cave, you will never go back.

Always appear hurt, shocked and generally upset when something like this happens but why not take solace in the arms, legs, personality, cocomordan of another??

just some thoughts.....

You are 100% correct everyone is doing it, it is just done covertly and if you get caught or you catch your wife you either have to take some shyte for awhile or dish it out for awhile so that everyone involved knows to do their shyte more covertly next time. ;) Sorry but it is what it is, everyone cheats sooner or later and more often than not sooner in DR. So you will have to learn to play the game or go find someone from a less permiscous culture, For mself I choose to play the game as well or if not better than others.

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
OMG -Man Up!

Come on I am trying to enjoy my beer!

Man Up - Get the twins tested. If there not yours call ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement), throw her out and head on back to Sosua and find another Princess. Move her into the $1100 per month house until the lease is up and sit back and watch the fun of the new Princess fighting with family of the previous Rat. However this time try not to make those Rookie Mistakes!!!!!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Be patient

Take your time, be patient, keep your mouth shut. You will find out what is going on in due time. Perhaps its nothing like you think and you wreck the marriage over what you suspect is true. A name is a cell phone even if deleted as you describe is no reason to go over the edge. There is a distinct possibility your suspicions are wrong. Dont take the advice of the cynics here. Good luck to you and I hope it all turns out for the best.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008

Embrace it, my friend.

just some thoughts.....
JEALOUSY Is not the issue here Pedrochemical. It is about providing a good home for your wife and child, and her other two illigitamite children, and this cuero feels the need to bang primo pedro.This women had nothing,and will have nothing again if the op is smart and gets out of dodge when he finds out the truth.
And about you pedro, are you saying that because the op is older then his barrio wife that he should turn the other cheek and settle for sloppy leftovers from some motoconcho don juan? Are you saying that you would accept this pedro? Any man who turn the other cheek on a cheating wife is nothing but a stupid, spinless whimp. I don't give a sh.. how hot his wife is, or how old the op is, get rid of her if she is a cheater.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
You can give this woman all the nicer things in life but if she loves Pedro - ain't nothing that this guy gonna do for her will change that.
She is a generation younger than him and he found her in a poor country - what do you expect?
Shock horror! She had a life before he came along and yanked her out of it into a totally alien environment based largely on lust. 'Impregnation' (how romantic) happened kind of quick don't you think?

Anyway, he is being played.
Maybe that is not the end of the world.
You would have to ask him.

He has choices.
I hope he and his kids are happy with whatever he chooses.
I know what I would do.

Each to their own.

rhino r

Jan 5, 2009
a little help but mostly off-track comments

The twins are my girls, my wife was with me all the time during the conception period. Without a doubt. The twin girls are both white skinned and look like me as well. We moved to the States and Pedro had nothing to do with our rental house in Santiago which we left when leaving the country. Again her behavior has always exemplified frugality and caring for me. With respect to the age differential, she logically told me that she had always been attracted to older men as her own father is 20 years older than her mother and they have a loving marriage. My primary concern is the welfare of the babies, my plan, if I find out that she hustled me, would be to have her kids and her deported prior to receiving her green card and I will raise the kids here. How could I possibly send my babies to live in poverty and squalor in some DR barrio. Plus, I would not want to have any more to do with her nor let her use the babies as leverage to have me finance her families life. Again, I must emphasize that her brother and father both exhibited only honorable traits (hard working, family oriented etc.) during the two years I was living in Santiago. So, I plan to continue the surveillance and react if and when I have sufficient evidence. Thanks for you few who read the post accurrately and inputed.