Bed sheets for the girls!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Thanks to the generosity of some of our members, the girls at Fundacion Madelaes now have new pillows. And also thanks to the amazing donation from Beyond the Beach Children?s Foundation the girls now have 4 brand new bunkbeds with mattress and new girly bed sheets. This will make a huge difference for them; when you think that the 19 girls were sharing 5 bunkbeds and 2 old twin beds.

Some members who missed the last donation have expressed that they would like to cooperate with Madelaes and donate new bed sheets for the other beds, so folks, let?s do it!

The bunkbeds are Full/Twin (full on bottom and twin on top) so we would need 5 sets of Full bed sheets and 7 sets of Twins. The prices are around $350 for twin and $700 for full. In the picture you can see the condition of the bed sheets they have at the moment. Maria Elena also mentioned that they could use a long table with folding legs so they could all eat together. So let?s do it for the girls one more time!

3994853309_afbfbc04df.jpg

Reactions: Lucille

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I missed out on the pillows but you have my support on this. How can members send donations?

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Maybe mountainannie would be willing to offer to use her paypal account again?

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
I didn't get a change to check out the prices for the table yet; if anyone is going to Pricesmart please let me know of the prices there!

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
If you think the girls would like computers, my friends Marco and Rick from Rockys and myself have come up with a plan. As you may know, Marco loves to work on everybody’s computers. They have a lot of excellent parts here on hand and whatever they don?t have I will purchase.
Plus Marco will do all the labor to make sure the young ladies have a dependable system that will meet all their needs. Marco is leaving for Europe tonight and will be gone 2 weeks. When he returns we will do whatever is necessary. If anyone in the Santiago or Sosua area has ANY old computer parts that you don?t need, please pm me and I will see that they are picked up. What may be computer trash to you may be very workable for our in house genius Marco. Any used or new computer cables, cases, monitors, etc. will be greatly appreciated. Remember, it?s for the young ladies.
We will try and do as many as we can.

A

apostropheman

Very generous off gentleman! If I can assist please let me know and I will be happy to do what I can as well.
If you think the girls would like computers, my friends Marco and Rick from Rockys and myself have come up with a plan. As you may know, Marco loves to work on everybody?s computers. They have a lot of excellent parts here on hand and whatever they don?t have I will purchase.
Plus Marco will do all the labor to make sure the young ladies have a dependable system that will meet all their needs. Marco is leaving for Europe tonight and will be gone 2 weeks. When he returns we will do whatever is necessary. If anyone in the Santiago or Sosua area has ANY old computer parts that you don?t need, please pm me and I will see that they are picked up. What may be computer trash to you may be very workable for our in house genius Marco. Any used or new computer cables, cases, monitors, etc. will be greatly appreciated. Remember, it?s for the young ladies.
We will try and do as many as we can.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Thank you waytogo! That is a wonderful offer and great idea but we may need to put it on hold. The girls received a donation of some old computers from a school but we don’t know yet the condition of each one as they have no room to set them up. Once in their new home we shall know if they can be used.

mountainannie thank you for taking care of paypal issue.

Reactions: AnnaC

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
If they are in need of repair, let me know and I will get together with the guys from Rockys and we will see to it that they run perfectly. Marco and Rick can do wonders

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
People we already received donations to buy 4 sets of full bed sheets… keep them comin’g!!!!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Sorry haven't had a chance to get the prices for the table...if anyone is close to Price Smart please check out the prices for the long table with folding legs.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Went to PriceMart today and remembered you needed table priceing, here goes.....

6 ft/w folding legs....3295. DP
8 ft/w folding legs....5295. DP Hope this helps.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
The inauguration was moved again for later but the girls moved in their new house Monday, therefore I will go up this Saturday to visit and drop part of the bedsheets donations and take pictures of their new bunkbeds and new rooms. Mountainannie has more donations that she will get to me soon…so more bedsheets! Thanks to all!

4115529513_eaa328d7eb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: