2000 homes to be built by Venezuela

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
This should go under "North Coast" because the article says the homes will be in Montecristi (on Northwest coast).

What I want to know is, if they are going to go so far out of their way (sailing around the island to get to the North Coast) and the houses are supposed to be for the most impoverished, why did they decide to do it in Montecristi and NOT in some of the MORE impoverished provinces like Elias Pina or Independencia here in the Southwest?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Don't look ......

"Don't look at a gift horse in the mouth", meaning if one is given something do not waste time trying to examine or be too critical of it and just be satisfied that 2000 poor families will have housing.

Regards,
PJT

Reactions: Bronxboy

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
i would agree the SW of DR would be a more logical place to build these homes and would be much needed, but i think chavez must be careful that his good intentions(if this is the case and i hope it is) not be misinterpreted as buying influence in a neighboring region. his regional moves are, after all, somewhat under a microscope. ben

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Meanwhile Chavez has to know that thousands of Venezuelans are in front of his housing ministry crying for housing. My Dominican sister in law lives in Caracas and says the country is up in arms. Nationwide blackouts, no water and now this...

And they are " advising" us on energy matters???? Gimme a break!!

HB

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Meanwhile Chavez has to know that thousands of Venezuelans are in front of his housing ministry crying for housing. My Dominican sister in law lives in Caracas and says the country is up in arms. Nationwide blackouts, no water and now this...

And they are " advising" us on energy matters???? Gimme a break!!

HB

When my husband first heard about these 2000 houses he remarked about the Venezuelans living in cardboard houses - makes no sense!!

slrguy

Oct 17, 2006
VERY little of what El Payaso does makes any sense - except to prolong his stay in office, and feed his outsized ego.

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
"Don't look at a gift horse in the mouth", meaning if one is given something do not waste time trying to examine or be too critical of it and just be satisfied that 2000 poor families will have housing.

Regards,
PJT

Why DR and not Haiti? food for thinking

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
governments do not always base their decisions and actions according to what is good for their peoples. why build a metro in santo domingo when there are so many homeless in the dominican republic? why build a multi billion dollar "embassy" in iraq when so many are homeless in the USA? there are political and ulterior motives which only the powers to be know and understand.