Jet Blue

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
I called an agent at Jet Blue about a one way ticket to the D.R. and was told i need a round trip!?
If i cancel the return flight i will be charged $ 100.00.
Does anyone know if this is true? Or is there a way around it?

Blanca

JRodriguez136

Mar 1, 2007
www.geocities.com
Call them back and don't tell them that you are a US Citizen. Reservations say that you need a roundtrip, but you don't. Or tell them you are a US Citizen born in the DR. With either of these two statements, they CANNOT deny you the purchase. If they do, send me their name and I will report them...

Call them back and don't tell them that you are a US Citizen. Reservations say that you need a roundtrip, but you don't. Or tell them you are a US Citizen born in the DR. With either of these two statements, they CANNOT deny you the purchase. If they do, send me their name and I will report them...

There is no need for all this drama just buy your ticket online and thats it your done, No headaches. :)

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Buy your ticket online and if they ask you at the counter at check-in do you have a return flight, have a date and airline name (not Jet Blue) ready...

Example:
Good Morning,Miss------, and where are you flying today?
Hi! I'm going to Santo Domingo
You do know that you are required to have a round trip ticket to travel to the DR?
Yes, M'aam, I'm leaving on December 2nd, but I'm returning on American Airlines
Oh, too bad...well, have a nice trip. Your gate is Gate 21.
Thank you

I am telling you this because I have been asked before but if you answer smoothly without hesitation, they do not ask for proof.
\
SHALENA

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I rode the bus from Times Square to the airport with a young backpacker that was heading on Jet Blue to Colombia.

She had purchased a one-way ticket because she had not finalized her itinerary. She was going to decide when she got there where she was going next, as she was not heading straight back to the US.

They did not let her on the flight. So it DOES happen that you can be rejected, but I'm sure she was not aware of what to say or how to say it.

So to the OP, take the advice written here by our seasoned DR travelers and you'll be fine.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Well you can get on the airplane without a return ticket, but if you really get a good agent, they must ask you for proof or return ticket, such an Itinerary from OAL (other Airlines) like E-ticket receipt.

But now, you can also buy a full fare return ticket and refund that portion upon landing at Santo Domingo.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I rode the bus from Times Square to the airport with a young backpacker that was heading on Jet Blue to Colombia.

She had purchased a one-way ticket because she had not finalized her itinerary. She was going to decide when she got there where she was going next, as she was not heading straight back to the US.

They did not let her on the flight. So it DOES happen that you can be rejected, but I'm sure she was not aware of what to say or how to say it.

So to the OP, take the advice written here by our seasoned DR travelers and you'll be fine.

That the reality, you need a proof of return ticket, you can get a really Senior Ticket counter agent, and he will ask you for proof of return ticket to the US, if not you will be denied boarding and they will charge you any fees and fares differences.

Just be ready in case you need to buy a return ticket, be sure is a Y class ticket, refundable.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I bought a Jet Blue one way ticket way back when - they weren't ticketing far enough out for my return; no problem.

And just before I left I did purchase my return, but it looks like I just had a one way. When I called Jet Blue to ask, they said just say you have the return on another locator code--if asked.

I was never asked, questioned, actually checked in at the kiosk this time and went straight to the gate.

So to avoid agents altogether, use the kiosk, if available at your airport.