Lion's Gate Mansion

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
For those with some change to spare there is an auction for Lion's Gate Mansion in PP.
Fantasies Begin Here! Close your eyes and dream of a breathtaking, self-contained, intimately private, Caribbean estate. You and your guests will enjoy a 23,000 sq. ft. home that has been expertly crafted from the finest materials and adorned with stunning one-of-a-kind designer furnishings. The home is set on four very private acres with a glistening swimming pool, a 2.8 million gallon man-made lake with rock formations, waterfall, sand beach, and much more. Now, place this fantasy inside the exclusive Sea Horse Ranch on the Dominican Republic's north coast where owners enjoy the highest level of safety and security, landscaping, ocean front restaurant and complete equestrian facilities. Lion's Gate is 20 minutes from Puerto Plata's international airport, as well as having two championship golf courses within a 45 minute radius, restaurants and all the other comforts that it's discriminating owner will require. This dream can belong to you?

Btw not making a cent out of this, just saw this on the web.:ermm:

Welcome to Sheldon Good & Company

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
I was fortunate enough to photograph this beautiful property back in June for the sales brochure being produced for this auction. You can see some of my work and find out more information on this property at Home Page

Rick

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
I went through it maybe 1/2 dozen times as it was being built. I have a friend who had bought the home across from it in 2000 so I was able to view it as it was being constructed.
At the time I was told someone from Sweden or some other Scandinavia country was the owner. As the story went he embezzled millions from clients in his investment company, was deported from the DR and spent 6 years in jail.
What the true story is I'm not sure now but no one builds a mansion like this just for show. I'm sure it was built by some one who wanted his own castle to live in. It is something to behold with it's own lake and river built below the grand swimming pool in front of the castle.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
The auction is tomorrow - isn't it?

It would be interesting to find out what it went for!!!!

Any body going to bid!

Olly

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I sent this to the auction house on 21st January but got no reply :

Dear sirs,

I see the seal bid date has close for this property in Sea Horse Ranch in the Dominican Republic.

I would be interested to know the successful bid price. Can you provide that to me?

Yours sincerely

It went to auctionrequest@sheldongood.com

but so far I have no reply. I thought public Auction s in the USA had to disclose the price - so I suspect this place has not sold.

Anybody know different?

Olly

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
awesome

seen the pics
and man i don't think i could afford to wash the dishes in there:)
nice to see what the mind can put together when given a chance
i especially loved the master suite...or was that the servants quarters :)....lol