The DR is all F'd up.. according to Hip?lito Mej?a

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
He should know, he was the cause of many of the problems.

The last thing the DR needs is another Hip?lito!

Mar 2, 2008
"It takes a thief to catch a thief."

Or so the old saying goes.

It also "takes one to know one."

While Hippo's word might seem hypocritical to anyone familiar with his particular brand of "democracy", they are true as true can be, and they are offered by one who should know.

He was the "leader of the pack" of thieves, and certainly knows how it is done.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Say what you want... cocaine, corruption, crime and loans from different world entities....the DR IS in a downward spiral. One solid hit from any type of natural disaster and the island of Hispaniola could easily become a lost cause...

May 12, 2005
Like I've been saying all along, Candelier for President in 2012. In many ways Leonel is Hipo with hair. The Metro will be an albatross around the nation's neck for years to come. That said, anyone who listens to Hipo on politics is like asking a toddler to solve nuclear physics questions.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
You probably know that Candelier is in Hippo's party now, but even if it were to happen, we would have a potential Chavez scenario. From the frying pan to the fire.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yeah, Candelier has a short andnot-so-sweet go around with his own politcal party but never got any traction..

I have to wonder...PRD/PLD differences??? I have felt for a long time that when Leonel opened up the PLD and made it into a "popular" party, the national oligarchy took advantage of the very obvious fact that there were not that many brains in the old Bosch-era party members....oh they could talk and they can show degrees but then knew nothing about the real world...so in come all of the oligarchs to fill the gaps and make sure that the rich get richer, the poor stay poor and the ignorant stay that way....

Not a whole lot to choose from IMO...I worry about the future we are leaving to our grandkids....(my perspective--some of you like Chiri, Chip, and Pib can worry about your kids)...

And I has some wine, smoked a good cigar, and made some pretty fair Italian Tomato
Sauce today....hummmmmmmmmmmm

Hb

May 12, 2005
You probably know that Candelier is in Hippo's party now, but even if it were to happen, we would have a potential Chavez scenario. From the frying pan to the fire.

He's still not Hipo. And quite frankly the country could use a little mano duro right about now. As far as him becoming a Chavez, I doubt it. Perhaps more like a Trujillo. However, I think his reputation and people's image of him have become wildly distorted.

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
One thing you got to give him credit for is he didn't murder anybody, at least not with weapons!.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
At least in the Hippo days, there was money on the streets. Now people are starving while the PLD boast of a metro. The taxes have skyrocked, the debts have increased. Where is the money?????????????

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
At least in the Hippo days, there was money on the streets. Now people are starving while the PLD boast of a metro. The taxes have skyrocked, the debts have increased. Where is the money?????????????

What's the point of printing money if the inflation rate is up to 50%, the exchange rate at 59, interest rates at 55% per year. Leonel could be very well order Valdez Albizu to print money, but what to do with the inflation rate then??

malikp

Aug 30, 2008
youd walk around with 10g's and could barely pay the bills for that day.