Baseball with the locals!!! Punta Cana

JiggaMan

Nov 15, 2009
Hi all,

I am heading to PC on Wednesday and nothing would make me happier than to join in on a game of beisbol with some locals. Or just sit and watch some kids play. I have a glove, a bat, and some balls that I would also like to donate but am not sure what the best way to go about this is.

If anyone has any insight on where I may find a pickup game in PC or just a local game that would be very helpful. I'm super excited (especially since I am a huge ball fan).

Thanks!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The nearest formal game would be in La Romana, which is about one and a half hour's drive. The DR1 front page has schedules at the end of the daily news summaries.

In the Punta Cana area there is a "Play" in Ver?n where there always seems to be some activity.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's true that there wasn't much in the way of a local community before the area was developed for tourism, but in the last 15 years especially a few large "local" communities have developed to service the tourist areas, like the town of Ver?n.

People like us who live in the area (Pueblo B?varo, Punta Cana Village, B?varo Punta Cana, El Cortecito, etc.) may also be considered "locals" - where I live at least 80% of residents are Dominican.

Some of the traditional wooden houses one sees around the Punta Cana/Bavaro area definitely look old enough to pre-date the tourism influx. There was a fishing village in Juanillo (now Cap Cana) and there are existing ones along the coast in places like Cabeza de Toro, Macao, Uvero Alto.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
if my memory serves me the last time i was in PC we stayed at the golf suites for a night(across from the new hard rock cafe) and there was some sort of baseball happening near there. i assumed it was baseball anyway, they had lights and many people there and much commotion. seems it was on the sea side of the road just south of the mall that hard rock was in.

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
I want to try to find a web site or is there such a thing, for trying to buy a jersey of the baseball teams? or maybe just the WBC jersey for albert pujols? can anyone tell me how to find that, go Licey!!! love and peace, God bless, take care
Biggs

N

nirvana

bring your own mitt. and accidentally (forgetful) leave it behind...

afroski

May 12, 2007
www.georgiaflash.com
When I was in PC back in May I saw a few pick up baseball games being played over in Veron. I can't give directions but there were some open field areas about a block off of the main road down from the Burger King where some locals were playing.

They let me hang out and photograph them while they were playing. Everyone was very nice and friendly.