Going to Santo Domingo to Santiago

Rtgrad2008

Nov 3, 2009
Hello,
My friend and I are coming to Santo Domingo in May 2010. We are sponsoring children over there and need to go from Santo Domingo to Santiago on the 22nd of May. Do you know if that is a holiday and if it is will the bus still be running? Are the bus systems have english interrepters for I don't know Spanish. I need the times and location of the bus station and the best route to get there. Thank you Rt grad2008

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
The buses run every day, even holidays. While you may not find a ticket seller or bus driver that speaks english, it shouldn't matter as the stations are large and fairly well organized. Metro is a little easier to deal with, but Caribe Tours is fine as well...their terminal can be a little intimidating though because they often have several buses leaving at once, unlike Metro. Both companies have buses to Santiago every hour on the hour...possibly on the half hour as well.

Choose one of these two, every taxi driver in SD will know how to get to either station, and once you're in Santiago, there are taxis at the station when you get off the bus.