Manabao and Small Villages

Aein

Nov 6, 2009
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from Jarabacoa to Manabao.

Is there any place to stay up in Manabao e.g. a family that rents rooms, basic hotel, etc...

Is there transportation to/from every day and is it possible to go up and back in one day from Jarabaco?

Thank you so much!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It's less than 20km from Jarabacoa to Manabao. There are a few little hotels and B&B's on the way along the river but not many. I'd stay in Jarabacoa and just drive there and back. We do it all the time. It's part of our motorcycle tours.

Aein

Nov 6, 2009
Thank you for the insight.

Are there hotels and B&B's in Manabao as well? And are there guaguas that travel that route fairly regularly? We wont have a car.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Thank you for the insight.

Are there hotels and B&B's in Manabao as well? And are there guaguas that travel that route fairly regularly? We wont have a car.
Might be but I wouldn't take a guagua there. It's remote and the road is challenging.

Not much in Manabao. It's the end of the road.

Aein

Nov 6, 2009
Hi Cobraboy.

One more quick question if you dont mind.

Is it possible and safe to walk from Jarabacoa to Mandabao, or at least part of the way, stay the night at a B&B or somewhere that we pass, and then walk back the next day? My wife and I do a lot of walking in the States...we dont mind walking for a couple of hours each way...it's nice.

Many thanks!

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Hi Cobraboy.

One more quick question if you dont mind.

Is it possible and safe to walk from Jarabacoa to Mandabao, or at least part of the way, stay the night at a B&B or somewhere that we pass, and then walk back the next day? My wife and I do a lot of walking in the States...we dont mind walking for a couple of hours each way...it's nice.

Many thanks!
I suppose you could. It's probably 10-12 miles. There isn't much civilization out there. You're on your own. It's fairly desolate.

There aren't really places along the way with signs that say "hotel, vacancy".

It's pretty, but primitive.

I don't recommend walking. I suggest a nice, leisurely drive.